Spirit questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JDREsquire1224

After scanning the Internet for answers, I still have a few questions for those than can help...

What is the makeup of the 600+ pilot seniority list? How many retirements loom and how many have been hired recently? If one were to get on now, is this the front, middle or end of the wave?

Where are new hires being placed? Can one hold FLL right out of training?

How happy are you with the current contract? Aside from the pay scale, what are some positives and negatives about it? Is time and 1/2 offered after so many block hours? What is the average credit per month for a line pilot?

Basic structure of trips? Are overnights reasonable?

Compared to a regional airline, how would you rate Spirit and would you recommend the airline?

Guys, recently there's been a lot of arguments on the board about different things, but I want to make you aware of probably the newest threat to the regional industry. The FAA is currently focusing on traffic collisions on taxiways, but my friend and I are conducting some studies and making a presentation to the FSDO soon about the 5 hazardous attitudes and how they play a bad role, most frequently at the regionals.

One of the most common things I've heard about when I talk to some FO's at the local FBO is that captain's always show the tendency of "get-home-itis". This is not a joke. Some captains even go as far as telling FO's to "fly it like you stole it." In that case, would you really fly an airplane cross country with passengers at 300 ft. with the transponder on standby? The answer is no. But captains will make FO's believe they can "fly it like they stole it" just in order to get home sooner. This is a threat.

Another one is being too macho. I was flying in the cabin last summer to go back home and take this chick from high school on a night flight, and here's what happened: The captain got on the mic at about Fl160 and announced to everyone that they should stay seated because we were going through some "turb." Well, let me tell you. This captain probably flew through red plots on the radar. It was continuously bumpy and the flight attend didn't even get up. I even told the lady sitting next to me about the threat of microbursts and what could happen to us. She started to get worried but I was too concerned with other things to worry. I got off the plane and look at the sky and saw gray everywhere.

An other time I was talking to a FO this career fair and I asked how many CAP's display anti-authority. He said not many, but one time he said there was a captain that wouldn't board because they were in E-Dick, or something like that.

Anyways, I want to know some other hazardous attitudes that are displayed in the regionals. I know there are a lot. But I think I can help because my friend and I are halfway through this powerpoint for a ground school class and I think the FAA would be VERY interested in what we have to say.

It is rare that a post actually makes me laugh out loud. Congrats

^
l
l
l

Dude!! That's classic!! Not to pick on anyone but I had to hold my crotch to keep from peeing myself!! Hahahaha!!!

You all should be VERY interested to hear that.

That's gotta be fake! Student pilots with 10 hours dont even speak like that!
"E-dick?!?"

He also posted this 4 1/2 years ago. I only looked at his previous posts because his current post seemed odd and possibly sarcastic. I no longer think he was being sarcastic.

Alright guys granted I'm not "in the biz" yet like some, but I'd like to be and that is why I don't understand the big fuss over being furloughed. Do you know how many of my other friends who aren't at regionals would like to have a job flying? Lots. So that is why I don't know why everyone is complaining about furloughing. It's not like you are fired, the company just doesn't need you but you can come back when they do! It's like having the ultimate job security because you know the job will be there in the end! I know some people might be concerned about health benefits, but you go get some like, Cobra and you're all set. Maybe just don't mow the lawn and risk cutting off a foot or something, I don't know. Spend the money on a lawn service. There, problem solved. So, the next time you think furloughing is bad, just think of me and the situation and be happy you have a flying job. I'm serious, I would like to be in your shoes. If you're furloughed you can get another job and make money that way. It's not like it's the worst.

Provocative morons are indistinguishable from the most adept trolls.

I don't know what to think about this guy.

Latest resources

Back