• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Orders 75 A320 Neos, Classics @ Dubai Air Show

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was wondering why there would be 22 responses and 1250 reads of a thread about Spirit ordering more planes. Speculation on new cities? Talk about the new "stand-up" configuration of 276 "seat" A320s?

No, a discussion about which year comes after 2016.

2 more minutes of my life I will never get back. Wasted.

Ill bet they make a run at the legacy carriers. Maybe ORD or use LAS to hit the west coast. No doubt they will also be trying to get some DCA/LGA slots in the slot auction that ends on Thanksgiving.

How'd that go? Not looking that good for the slot swap. In LAS they will be smacked by SWA. Make a run at the legacies? Probably not.

Godspeed!

OYS

How'd that go? Not looking that good for the slot swap. In LAS they will be smacked by SWA. Make a run at the legacies? Probably not.

Godspeed!

OYS

Youre right and I was wrong. I know NK has a boatload of cash and a desire to expand considering the aircraft on order, and am surprised they didnt get more aggressive with the slot swap bidding.

Starting February 9, 2012, Spirit will offer daily non-stop service from DFW to New York LaGuardia and Atlanta. Daily non-stop service from DFW to Orlando and Boston will begin on March 22, 2012.

To celebrate, Spirit is offering $11 introductory fares* (each way based on round trip purchase)http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=11avg0orh/EXP=1323867483/**http://www.spirit.com/

Spirit currently offers non-stop service to Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas and Chicago from DFW.

A dig at AA's Chapter 11 I'm sure

It's very interesting to see spirits route choices they are very sporadic. It's nice to see some domestic growth for them. I wonder if they will start tO connect their hubs through these cities like Dallas

It's very interesting to see spirits route choices they are very sporadic. It's nice to see some domestic growth for them. I wonder if they will start tO connect their hubs through these cities like Dallas

sporadic...yes. but they are high volume markets DFW is the 4th largest metro area or market in the US. We are starting service to numbers 1 (NYC), 9 (ATL), 10 (BOS) and 171 (MYR).

We seem to be growing just like jetblue did in 2002 when the majors were scaling back they added cities. In LAS USAir pulled some flights out, we jumped in. ORD UAL/CAL reduced some flights we got in.

sporadic...yes also. But the business model is not to gain market share; rather it is to only fly flights that make money. Management recognizes that making money is important. Having market share means nothing if the company is losing, for example, $1 billion/year (as AMR did).

Latest resources

Back