• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit(Oaktree/Indigo) buys Air Jamaica

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Foreign ownership? There should be a law against that!
oh, thats right, no body cares, as long as it hapens outside america.

I think some of you are confusing Spirit with the investment group that owns us, who already own many other airlines around the world that employ Spirits core ULCC business model.

If the deal goes through, there may not be any form of 'merging' the two companies other than a basic code share... the tricky part would be the overlapping routes.

The bottom line is Indigo does not care which pilot group is at the controls, as long as the route is profitable and the money finds its way back to them.

JM has been killing the jamaican taxpayers for decades. The only reason JM is still around today is national pride. The government of jamaica just couldn't handle this financial burden anymore. So here come spirit airlines as the knight in shining armor. I hope everything turns out ok for you all at Spirit. A u.s. airline merging with an international carrier, who know's what's next. Hopefully its a warm reception from the jamaican side of things, including the jamaican passengers.

Spirit already gets a warm welcome from Jamaican pax. We fly full birds from Kingston and MoBay everyday and those pax are happy for the ride.

I will miss the M/X meet and greet from the AirJ techs, because assuredly after Indigo buys AirJ, those A&P's will get outsourced. Probably to Freds Blue Sunglass, Weed and Maintenance Emporium.

Latest resources

Back