Spirit News!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pin727

Has anybody heard any thing on spirit?? when will they start to hire again? those airbus 319 320 321 look cool, although I wouldn't mind flying the md's

More than 19 out on furlough. Management is using them as hostages in an attempt to squeeze more out of an already concessionary contract. Union is strong in opposition. Or at least the last time I checked the union was strong in opposition. DO's office has suspended one Union leader who refused to fly what he believed/believes to be an illegal trip. I hear that ALPA national is behind our suspended Rep 100%.

IOW, Spirit is in a bit of a mess at the moment.

However, we did gain an additional $100million in investment last week and ordered 3 more A321's.

It looks like we will be alright, but the company is trying to manipulate the pilots into financing the costs of early MD80 lease returns. In my analysis, we were properly staffed, but the company found a way to buy out of the leases on some of the douglas's and now we might have a few too many pilots. Or maybe not, the Junior man calls continue to go out.

If you have other options, I'd try them first.

regards,
enigma

enigma, did the rep refuse a trip that was illegal per the contract, or illegal per the regs? Are you guys having trouble with crew scheduling trying to assign illegal trips according to the FARs?

PCL_128 said:
enigma, did the rep refuse a trip that was illegal per the contract, or illegal per the regs? Are you guys having trouble with crew scheduling trying to assign illegal trips according to the FARs?

No, we don't have, or I'm not aware of a problem with crew scheduling attempting to assign FAR illegal trips. Once or twice, maybe, but those were honest mistakes brought about by confusion, etc. The schedulers are not intentionally breaking the law.

I can't/won't say any more than I already have about the suspension in question, sorry.

We are having trouble with crew scheduling: harrassing pilots with continual calls during off days, attempting to convince pilots to break the contract, attempting to entice pilots to break the contract, using their personal phones to make junior assign calls (negating caller ID), calling pilots outside of the contractually acceptable contact times, etc.

I must say that crew scheduling is as under the gun as is operations. The individual schedulers are being asked to fill a ten pound sack with five pounds of sand. I assume that they are treated as being personally responsible when they fail to cover a trip. We all know that it isn't schedulings responsibility to staff properly, so most of us are ok with the scheduling staffers.

regards,
enigma

The recall LOA came out today. Notice I said LOA (letter of agreement). The company did not recall because they recognized the need, just as they didn't furlough because they had a need, they used the furloughees as hostages in order to achieve a gain. I believe that we got a good deal in the LOA, but we also gave up on a few things. More to come later as things shake out.

Welcome back men, and lady.

enigma

Latest resources

Back