Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

piperdriver99

Hello all,

Was wondering if I could get some gouge with the interview process. I will be heading down to FL next week. I have been away from civilian flying for sometime now. Currently flying KC135's but don't really have a clue as to whats going on in the interviews. Appreciate the help.

Hello all,

Was wondering if I could get some gouge with the interview process. I will be heading down to FL next week. I have been away from civilian flying for sometime now. Currently flying KC135's but don't really have a clue as to whats going on in the interviews. Appreciate the help.

Hi everyone
Same here
I have an interview with Spirit on Tuesday.
I read some of the gouges here but I was wondering if somebody had something to add or something more recent.
Thanks

Piper check your PM

Hello all,

piperdriver99,

do a search on my posts; I submitted some gouge from my interview in November. I don't believe the process has changed much, if at all. Good luck.

gator

Anyone know of any good crashpad openings in FLL?

There is this Dorm style hotel (e.g., european style youth hostile) that just opened up in FLL for like $18-22 for shared rooms and $55 a night for single occupancy. I'm going to look at it next week and will post the details if it is any good.

The new lines for June look like we will be spending LOTS of nights in base. A 6 day pairing is sometimes 4 one days and a 2 day.

Last edited:

There is this Dorm style hotel (e.g., european style youth hostile) that just opened up in FLL for like $18-22 for shared rooms and $55 a night for single occupancy. I'm going to look at it next week and will post the details if it is any good.

The new lines for June look like we will be spending LOTS of nights in base. A 6 day pairing is sometimes 4 one days and a 2 day.

Watch out for euro-trash girls (and crabs) at the hostle!

Doen't spirit let oal's jumpseat from cancun, I just got deny'ed in cun from the check in people (gate keepers)they said you can't jumpseat from there (Cun).?

Doen't spirit let oal's jumpseat from cancun, I just got deny'ed in cun from the check in people (gate keepers)they said you can't jumpseat from there (Cun).?

Sorry to hear it, dude...hope you got out another way.

Officially, it depends on the carrier for int'l jumpseating; we have a standing list provided by our j/s committee that lists those we have int'l, domestic-only, etc. agreements with. That said, I doubt the gate knows or cares about this list.

My advice? Find out through your j/s chair if NK and your carrier have a reciprocal int'l agreement. If so, grieve it. It is our own committee's job to ensure the gate has the information they need (and plays by the rules) for other jumpseaters.

I've had a lot of pilots tell me we are a great carrier to j/s on out of the Carib, etc...I hope this is an isolated incident. I'm a commuter myself; I live and die by the jumpseat (thanks AirTran and Delta!).

gator

Which airline are you with? Maybe the gate agents were told pilots can't jumpseat (in the cockpit) and they didn't realize you can still ride in the cabin.

I forget the rule on people riding in the cockpit internationally. Is that allowed?

It is with great regret that I welcome you to the life of commuting. It costs me about $400/mo... But it's better than controlling the life of your wife...

Latest resources

Back