• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit interview process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes..you have all the answers Captain...leave a 4-5 year A320 upgrade to take a 60 dollar paycut and go sit reserve on an MD-88 out of NYC staring a 15 year upgrade in the face...NO THANKS...ps...not having TPIC in todays day and age doesnt make you "unqualified" to go anywhere but Spirit or VA...its a desicion I made for myself and my family...

You should know better not to assume any stability in this industry. That 4 year upgrade at nk is IF they grow like they say. Until then ill believe that when I see it. Comming from 9e again you should know better.

your completley missing the point...who is assuming? I dont recall ever saying I was garaunteed an upgrade in 4 years..however this seems like a pretty sweet deal considering three weeks ago, I was wondering how I was going to feed my family after the concessions hit at Pinnacle...I dont "assume" any stability, I "assume" that my current employer is in deep s$it and I was fortunate enough to get on with a CURRENTLY stable and profitable company where the crews seem to be relativley happy with life...

Welcome, Snap145, don't drink the Kool-aid like others have said. Management actually does prefer for this to be a stepping stone for pilots. They would love to see you leave here after 6 years or so. This comes straight from someone in management, they like the 6 year and less pay rates. They have hired those without PIC due to the fact during the last hiring frenzy we lost a ton of 2 year and less FO's to many other airlines (mostly overseas). I still believe that even with our new just ok contract we will have a mass exodus to DAL or SWA if the looming pilot shortage ever comes to fruition. Good luck, and yes I do believe that a 4 year upgrade is plausible for anyone hired right now, lots of planes still coming each year, but you know how things can change in an instant.

Can't a guy just be happy that he improved his position in life. geez

Be happy you've improved your position in your career, but don't drink the kool-aid. I don't care what airline you've been hired at. Things can change, keep your options open!

Yes..you have all the answers Captain...leave a 4-5 year A320 upgrade to take a 60 dollar paycut and go sit reserve on an MD-88 out of NYC staring a 15 year upgrade in the face...NO THANKS...ps...not having TPIC in todays day and age doesnt make you "unqualified" to go anywhere but Spirit or VA...its a desicion I made for myself and my family...

Sounds like you did your "Homework," and are looking ahead.

It's like playing Chess, you have to look ahead a few moves.

A lot of these guys posting here are playing "Checkers," in comparison.

In 4 or 5 years, You'll be a major airline A320 Captain, with all your
options still open, and many of these other guys will still be flying RJs
or sitting in NY on reserve facing a 15 year upgrade wondering
"What Happened?"

Sounds like you did your "Homework," and are looking ahead.

It's like playing Chess, you have to look ahead a few moves.

A lot of these guys posting here are playing "Checkers," in comparison.

In 4 or 5 years, You'll be a major airline A320 Captain, with all your
options still open, and many of these other guys will still be flying RJs
or sitting in NY on reserve facing a 15 year upgrade wondering
"What Happened?"

Denzel.......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gafALL-R1nI

Bailey, the interviews havent stopped until August, as a matter of fact, I know they are interviewing today...as I posted on another thread, my class (June18) was postponed, probably bc of sim availability, HR says two classes in July and two in August.

Any idea how long it takes after filling out the second application to get a call for interview? Have a few internal recs and have done the full app that was hyper linked in the email.

PtP

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back