Spirit Interview Cognitive mental alertness test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OState597

I'm trying to prepare myself (if possible) for phase II of the Spirit interview process. Word on the street is that they administer the Thurstone test of mental alertness...120 questions in 20 minutes, and you're scored based on how many you answer correctly only. It does have a pass/fail criteria in there somewhere but the formula seems to be vague. Does anyone know if there are online question samples, practice tests, etc for this test? Google finds many links to this type of testing but nothing in black and white in the form of examples. Any prior experience out there with this....would love to hear back!

I remember the Spirit guys saying that you can't prepare/study for it and that most people who try to study don't pass.

It's number patterns & word association and a few of the "Train A leaves the station at 8:17 at a rate of blah blah".

You can google number patterns and maybe find a technique or two but unfortunately you really can't study.

Get through as many questions as fast as possible in the time allotted. That may mean skipping questions that might bog you down. If I couldn't get an answer in a few seconds I went to the next one. I got up to question 96. This strategy worked for me and others I shared it with. It took a month to hear back after taking the test for the March 1 interview invite and now I'm wrapping up training. I went to the Jan. LAS job fair and was #77.

all mumbo jumbo gobbledygook invented by shrinks with more college degrees that common sense.

Latest resources

Back