• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit guys need your help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can this happen now that the Messiah is in the White House? I thought he was going to bring good things.....What is happening?

A "good vote" will only help your bargaining position if it is credible. The sentence previous to the one quoted above says that you don't think you will strike. That attitude shows that your group is not serious.

Somewhere in the desert, your management is laughing their arses off.

I think our group is serious; and there is a conceptual difference between what I 'think' the outcome will be and whatever outcome a strike vote has. I guess I should have used two different sentences.
And airline management is laughing all the way to the bank...at just about every airline in this country

Your company sux, but that's no reason to give them what they want. They want your contract GONE.

I read your "maximun extent possible" excerpt and I hate to tell you, but it's grey language. Both 5 and 4 day sentence segments include that max extent possible language. Why did you post that excerpt? It does nothing to prove your point.

******************** you

How can this happen now that the Messiah is in the White House? I thought he was going to bring good things.....What is happening?

As I remember correctly the previous occupant of the WH claimed that the Almighty spoke to him.

The best your ALPA negotiators can come up with is "the the max extent possible" and you think that telling me F U will help you?

you are a sad man.

You are correct...since I and my fellow pilots are living in the Ben Ball-less Baldanzas regime of terror I let my emotions get in the way of a balanced flightinfo "conversation". You were talking about not changing status quo, however Spirit management has changed it repeatedly over the last several months.

I think you will find that a pilot group has its hands tied as far as the RLA and management doing what ever it wants, ask the APA http://www.utwatch.org/archives/workingstiff/vol2no2_pilots.html . If we do get a release here are some of the new things management will impose on the pilot group:

Company proposal Section 2, Definitions

2P. Longevity means a period of time credited to a pilot, commencing on the DOS, for purposes of determining a pilot’s applicable rate of pay and vacation accrual. A pilot will be credited with one year or step of longevity for every 840 block hours flown, provided that any pilot on the Company’s seniority list as of the DOS will be deemed credited with longevity accumulated based on increments of 840 block hours flown for the Company prior to the DOS.

11.D.3
Upgrades from First Officer to Captain shall be based on seniority unless the Vice President of Flight Operations concludes that the First Officer is deficient as to:
1. Leadership skills
2. Flying competency; or,
3. Work reliability

Section 2.II “Regular Line” means a sequence of trips with intervening days off awarded or assigned to a regular pilot. A regular line shall not contain less than 50 block hours and not more than 95 block hours.
Section 4.B.1 The minimum number of guaranteed block hours for regular pilots for each bid month will be determined on a domicile-by-domicile basis by subtracting 15 block hours from the average line value for such bid month for each domicile; provided, however, that the minimum guarantee for regular pilots in any bid month shall not exceed 72 block hours. For example, if the average line value at a domicile is 85 block hours, the minimum guarantee for pilots at such domicile shall be 70 hours for that bid month. By way of further example, if the average line value at a domicile is 89 block hours, the minimum guarantee for regular pilots at such domicile shall be 72 block hours.

Last edited:
I got no worries, WE WILL HAVE A YES TO STRIKE VOTE! When they release us, we will walk under our terms, no management imposed contract will prevail. This management is sorely mistaken by wasting Spirit money on Ford and Harrison, we will prevail. It may take some time, but when we strike, Indigo will fire Ben B. and his cronies, then place a new management to be the "savior" and sign a new and improved industry leading contract. I think management has really lost touch with how angry we are, we will shut it down.

Your company sux, but that's no reason to give them what they want. They want your contract GONE.

I read your "maximun extent possible" excerpt and I hate to tell you, but it's grey language. Both 5 and 4 day sentence segments include that max extent possible language. Why did you post that excerpt? It does nothing to prove your point.

Hey Mr. Regional Guy, Why don't you worry about your own company's problems?

If you got lucky enough to get hired by Spirit you might be a real airline Captain flying Airbuses in a few years.

Latest resources

Back