Spirit Fying Tomorrow ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Whine Lover

" The Spirit strike continues into its fifth day. Spirit planes are not moving, negotiations resumed yesterday, 600 flight attendants have been furloughed, and the chief pilot and director of operations refused to cross a picket line and are no longer flying for Spirit. We’ve included a couple of news links for your reference. "

Are these two going back to work?

I'm no expert, but I don't think you can run a 121 outfit without 'em....(?)

YKMKR

" The Spirit strike continues into its fifth day. Spirit planes are not moving, negotiations resumed yesterday, 600 flight attendants have been furloughed, and the chief pilot and director of operations refused to cross a picket line and are no longer flying for Spirit. We’ve included a couple of news links for your reference. "

Are these two going back to work?

I'm no expert, but I don't think you can run a 121 outfit without 'em....(?)

YKMKR

Nope, you can't. But I suspect management can name two other managers to those positions, provided they meet the necessary requirements.

I believe the FAA gives 30 days to replace them, my buddy actually quoted the reg to me. That however does not change the fact that THEY should be part of the union fighting for RETURN TO WORK!

Don't think you can just throw anyone in that position, it has to go through FAA approval and meet certain qualifications.
That said, those guys are heros. Management or not, they elected to do what was right, even knowing they didn't have the same job protection the line pilots had.
These guys deserve a lot of respect.

Yup...I know you can't that was TIC ....But, can you just point to two other guys and say "Your it." ?

Yes, IF those two persons meet the requirements as set fourth in the section of the FAR to serve in those positions. You can look that up yourself.

At which point the air carriers manual is updated, copies distributed, FAA notified, etc.....

So, IF you've got folks that meet the requirements AND are willing to serve in those positions, yes, it can be done relatively quickly.

Yes, IF those two persons meet the requirements as set fourth in the section of the FAR to serve in those positions. You can look that up yourself.

At which point the air carriers manual is updated, copies distributed, FAA notified, etc.....

So, IF you've got folks that meet the requirements AND are willing to serve in those positions, yes, it can be done relatively quickly.

But can it be done by tomorrow?

I would think not.

So it is interesting to see Benny Ballsack telling his "valued" customers they'll be flying as of Friday ( tomorrow).

Just like he told them they would be flying right through the strike...and then left thousands of them stranded.

We'll see tomorrow I guess, but it just sounded a little too good to be true, given the fact that their management/flight ops. house is not really in order.

Girlfriend's a FA over there and got a letter "rescinding" the furlough - problem is, there's no "rescinding" a furlough notice anywhere in the their contract. They must be informed of an official recall, then, have 7 days to accept or decline the recall. If they accept the recall, they have an additional 7 days before they have to come back to work. Also, the schedulers have been placing trips in their lines for Friday/Saturday and not even notifying the FA's verbally.

Ben Ballsac continues to create more and more ill will....The bastard thrives on it.....

Latest resources

Back