• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit - FO's vs Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An amendable date is of no use if the company wants to keep things as they are. AirTran's contract has an amendable date of March 2005. Four years later, no new contract in sight.

It is bad info. No pilot makes 20k a year. You have to specify your time frame. You were my sim partner. You made what I did of course you ended up hopping the island for _************************* while I picked up OT.

Bro.. what are you.. my mom or my accountant?... I'm glad you were able to hold a line during the few months we were able to bid.. but I wasn't. I'm glad you made more money than the bare minimum. Being on reserve I was only able to fly a couple turns for overtime.. until august when they started calling me all the time, but I wouldn't take it then. true I could have bid for a transfer to SJU, which I had considered doing in order to hold a line.. but that would have ended even worse.

The captain I flew with was notorious for overtime, even then as 20% of the pilot group was to be on the street. He stated he had never been "junior manned" he had simply agreed to be paid more for his time. While others may not be quite so egregious.. some pilots there are still flying overtime for more reasons than to just "make ends meet".

Sorry if you feel my statement may sway the opinion of those who are considering Spirit as a legitimate career opportunity.

Bro.. what are you.. my mom or my accountant?... I'm glad you were able to hold a line during the few months we were able to bid.. but I wasn't. I'm glad you made more money than the bare minimum. Being on reserve I was only able to fly a couple turns for overtime.. until august when they started calling me all the time, but I wouldn't take it then. true I could have bid for a transfer to SJU, which I had considered doing in order to hold a line.. but that would have ended even worse.

The captain I flew with was notorious for overtime, even then as 20% of the pilot group was to be on the street. He stated he had never been "junior manned" he had simply agreed to be paid more for his time. While others may not be quite so egregious.. some pilots there are still flying overtime for more reasons than to just "make ends meet".

Sorry if you feel my statement may sway the opinion of those who are considering Spirit as a legitimate career opportunity.

Chill. All I have said saying you made 20k without the time frame is misleading.

Latest resources

Back