• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit - FO's vs Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did like the RAH web board, it was very nice. You had to verify employment and only real names were used. The board was and still is highly utilized in mostly constructive ways. Made management angry to see such camaraderie on there. If something needed to be grieved, or a question answered, or if it was just a simple request of trip trading or hotel accommodation, pilots were able to get answers. Rumors were squelched quickly, I really thought it was a great way to share and get out info. Participation was very high. That board has been running for years I understand and there is no legal implications from it, like Spirit they are in mediated negotiations as well.

All of you mad junior boys are just "whackin yourself off". The Spirit group will not strike until the MAJORITY decides that the current situation is unbearable.

All of you are pissd because you expected to upgrade in 18 months and you left the left seat of an RJ to go to something bigger. The cyclical airline business has you stuck in a bad place during down times. Suck it up like everyone else in this business who had found themselves in your position and hang on. It will get better, but you've got to wait until the cycle hits an upswing.

The older members of this profession in your group, having suffered through many more cycles than yourselves, will not walk until they know they can do better. At the present time, they can NOT.

We need a majority to strike....really!?? No sh#t sherlock. And I think its time for a reality check if you think all the "older members" wont walk as you claim. You mean the ones without sacks! From your posts I can tell what sort you are. I've flown with your type here at NK. Master of the universe......a legend in your own mind! Meanwhile us "junior boys" are "whackin ourselves".......(well that part may be true), and apparently have just left the skateboard park, and need constant dual from a guy tapped in the head that cant fly for sh#t. Your probably the same one that thinks the FO pay is sufficient.

Let me tell you something. This is my third airline. I'm not pissed that I wont upgrade in 18 months as you claim. And honestly, I could live with this contract until "better times" if I had to. But when the company loses all regard for our so-called "contract" and is continually sticking forks in our eyes, it needs to be stopped. And I'm not goining to bend over so you can continue your cushy life while I'm suffering. Your probably the type that justifies picking up open time to finance all of your toys.

I have approached our MEC about creating a board like that but they have quoted some legal issues and I doubt it will happen. It seems the only way to do it is if it is done privately.

I got the same thing from the MEC. Any computer geeks in our group?!

I got the same thing from the MEC. Any computer geeks in our group?!

I don't think it needs any special skills. Probably not a steep learning curve. But it does cost money and I bet it will be a target of management in one or the other way. I would be willing to invest my time, and money to create a board like that but at least I would like to be off probation. At this rate, on the street at the moment, by the time that will happen we will probably have a contract.

.............. And I'm not goining to bend over so you can continue your cushy life while I'm suffering. Your probably the type that justifies picking up open time to finance all of your toys.

If you're not readyto bend over so that your Captains can continue their "cushy"
life, what makes you think that they would be ready to bend over to help you with any life?

I love you boys who live by a double standard. I don't know the exact demographic of your pilot group, but I would imaging that a majority of your Captains were flying for a major before you stopped wearing diapers. Where's your compasion for that group of guys who found themselves out of work at 50 and were/are happy to fly a DC9 for Spirit. An airplane that would probably eat your lunch because you actually had to be an aviator to fly it, not a video gamer.

If you're not readyto bend over so that your Captains can continue their "cushy"
life, what makes you think that they would be ready to bend over to help you with any life?

I'll try to make this easy for you since you obviously have a hard time getting the message here. I DONT EXPECT THEM TO BEND OVER AND I DONT WANT THEM TO......THATS THE WHOLE POINT! I want them to fight this POS managment. You are correct on one note however. The "older guys" in question (with the cushy life that are also overtime wh#res) I would not expect any help from whatsover. They only think of themselves. I want to be clear however that these are only a select few (sounds like you'd fit into this catagory). I still feel most of these "older professionals" will in fact walk if need be.

I love you boys
I dont know if I'd admit that on an open forum.

Where's your compasion for that group of guys
What are you talking about? Compasion for what? They make 60-70% more than I do. Am I suppose to accept C9 so they can maintain that. Are you even familiar with what we've been offered (once again I'm confident most of our sane "older guys" with a sack will not accept this offer along with all the abuse)!? For an "old guy" you've still got lotsa learnen' to to!

fly a DC9 for Spirit. An airplane that would probably eat your lunch because you actually had to be an aviator to fly it, not a video gamer.

What an arrogant prick! Again you sound like some of these old timers that think your ready for shuttle command! And make the job so much harder than it needs to be. I'm not claiming to be Chuck Yeager (I'm always learning), yet lets be honost. Flying an airplane (no matter what generation) is not as hard as you make it seem. Aside sim for airline training, I've probably only logged about 15 hours in any other type of training sim. The rest of my 7000 hours is stick time. Is that enough to be considered an "aviator", or does that only happen when I have a full head of grey?

It seems kinda funny saying this to you, but grow up!

Am I suppose to accept C9 so they can maintain that.

I prefer lurking, but sometimes something is said that just demands comment.

Do you understand the RLA? Do you understand that BBB and Franke can NOT impose C9 without a release?

The only way that you will have to "accept C9" is if the MEC requests a release and the company uses the release to impose.

C9 is nothing more than negotiation posturing on the companies part. Spirit ALPA will play right into Franke's hand by asking for a release.

There is a better way to succeed. Going into a standoff is somewhat less than the optimal procedure.

Just for the record. You need to specify the time frame for the 20k or refrain from making a statement like that because it is bad info. Not to say that the FO pay is not low. It is. But it is not 20k a year, not even on first year, not even on reserve. It can go anywhere from $35k to $50k/year depending on when you get off reserve, and weather you are willing to (or able to i.e. due to commuting) work extra. Plus per diem. My highest take home pay was over $4200, incl per diem, as a junior line holder with working 2 extra days and still had 14 days off. This was very doable living in base. Unfortunately did not last at all as I was kicked out with the rest of us fairly soon. While it is nothing to brag about, it is more than 20k and there are legacies that pay less for 1st year.

I never got off reserve... plus the training pay.. and I was hired very early in the year. True I did not work the entire year... but it's not bad info.

Granted if I had made guarantee for 12 months, my pay would have been considerably more...

the point was I was just pissed that the guy spent the flight talking about money, toys, and the overtime he flew....

I never got off reserve... plus the training pay.. and I was hired very early in the year. True I did not work the entire year... but it's not bad info.

Granted if I had made guarantee for 12 months, my pay would have been considerably more...

the point was I was just pissed that the guy spent the flight talking about money, toys, and the overtime he flew....

It is bad info. No pilot makes 20k a year. You have to specify your time frame. You were my sim partner. You made what I did of course you ended up hopping the island for _************************* while I picked up OT.

Latest resources

Back