Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flya380

OK guys,

The fact is that NK has an 18 month fuel hedge (straight from Carlson's mouth, unless he's lying but I don't think so)

So shouldn't we be more comfortable than other airlines, dealing with the recent high fuel prices? Like JC said, it's not like Southwest hedges, but at least it's better than paying 130$/brl

Then somebody explain to me why Baldenza and Co are crying like babies that the fuel is killing us and that's why they have to reorganize the company?

For me it doesn't make sense. Even if not 100% of the fuel is hedged, we shouldn't have to screw with 242 pilots

Somebody???

OK, besides that anything constructive?

BTW, Troll, if you imply that JC is a liar, i agree but why would he lie about hedging fuel?

Okay, you are hedged. 1 percent at 130 a barrel. feel better.

A blanket statement "we are hedged" without more details makes the statement meaningless. They could be hedged at 135 a barrel, in which case they are losing money on the deal.

The only FACT you have is the warn letter.

Cheers
Wino

Seriously, do ya'll think they are that dumb not to raise ticket prices if we are losing money. Multiply the bag count times 20 bucks a bag. Most legs the bags just about cover the fuel burn. Hope some of ya'll don't get drug tested, not sure it will go well. Your on crack if you think they are not making money. Don't be surprised if all of a sudden were taking delieveries of 15+ plans next yr.

Hey, I like the optimism. Better than all the negativity on the company board. I heard (from one of JC's "boyz" we were 63% hedged. Fact???

Fuel hedging doesn't mean we pay less for gas. It means the company is making money on their short term investments in oil hedges.

Some investors have asked Southwest why they aren't distributing the fuel hedge income to the investors. Gary Kelly's answer was that Southwest would go bankrupt. So you have to ask yourself if Indigo is more concerned about taking their money or saving the company.

Okay, you are hedged. 1 percent at 130 a barrel. feel better.

A blanket statement "we are hedged" without more details makes the statement meaningless. They could be hedged at 135 a barrel, in which case they are losing money on the deal.

The only FACT you have is the warn letter.

Cheers
Wino

Try $139/barrel

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back