Speeding Tickets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JohnyChimpo22

How far back do majors go on background checks for the driving record? Anyone know how long tickets stay on your driving record? Last question, is there a place to get your national driving record or background check? Thanks

Most states can track driving record from the day you got your license.

From what I've seen, most of the airline apps ref tickets in the past ten years. If during the background check, the airline gets a full driver license abstract, they'll see them all.

The longer the period of time since your last ticket, the better.

Hope this helps.

I interviewed with SWA last week and the speeding tickets were not an issue. The interviewer said that if you are a pilot you have had speeding tickets. I checked with the Missouri Highway Patrol and they said they could go back 10 years. They looked up my record and could only find 1 ticket from 2002. As far as the NDR, google it. It doesn't cost anything. Just fill out the form, have it notorized and mail it in. I sent one in and had the results back in two weeks. The NDR only tracks major infractions like a DUI. Good luck!

You need to check your records for each state you have had a license, as well as the National Registry ....do this before your interview.

It's better if you find something in your record than the decision board finding it for you.

I don't have the national registry website with me. You could probably do a google search.

Latest resources

Back