Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Oakum_Boy

supercalifragilistic
I'm having trouble remembering the months, much less the years that I had speeding tickets. Two of them in my lifetime. I can't remamber any details whatsoever. The DMV records shows nothing as the last was I think in 1994, but not for sure. Do I need to disclose these at all? I'm afraid that my lack of knowledge about them may look like evasive manuvering to an interviewer. Anyone with similar circumstance? Thanks-

"Americans are generally pretty retarded."--Oakum Boy

Yet you can't remember when or where you violated the law. Hmmmm.

Bdfg1 said:
"Americans are generally pretty retarded."--Oakum Boy

Yet you can't remember when or where you violated the law. Hmmmm.

I never said I wasn't an American.

...your insurance company might have a record. Otherwise--just put down "2 tickets for speeding--don't remember details...no longer on record".

Or you could just say.."dude...I'm a pilot...I was drunk...I can't remember all that crap!"

If you get a print out of your driving record and they are not on it, there is no record for the company to find.
Anything over 5 yrs is usually purged from state record

Popeye0537 said:
If you get a print out of your driving record and they are not on it, there is no record for the company to find.
Anything over 5 yrs is usually purged from state record

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the DMV is not the only agency/entity to keep records. For instance, consider if you get a citation for speeding, go to court, plea guilty, and then are sentenced to a reduced fine and probation before judgement. Your DMV record will actually have no record of the entire event, nor would your insurance company. However, the police records and court records will retain information regarding the citation and the court appearance.

You must read the airline applications carefully. If they say "Have you ever pled guilty" then even though your DMV record is clean, you may want to consider reporting the citation. Court records last a very long time, as do police citation records.

Just something else to think about.

I think there's a form available from the FSDO near you that you can send to the state and federal gov't for a fee of $2.00

It takes a few weeks to get the info back to you, but it should contain all your driving information. Call the FSDO and check it out.

Honesty is still the best policy. I would tell them you got a few tickets way back when and dont remember much of the details. You record will indicate clean and it will prove that you are being honest and up front.

Latest resources

Back