• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Special issuance Medical Letter req to be Carried while working

dc8b75v8r

Total Time
Has anybody got any insight to a new alleged requirement to carry not only a medical certificate properly annotated by your AME but to also carry the Letter from the FAA AeroMed HQ outlining the Special Issuance authority when operating outside the USA, specifically in any other ICAO airspace?

My company has made this requirement an SOP, but I have not revieved any formal notification of such from OKC, and I am trying to find the genisis of said requirement.

If you don't know what this is about, consider your self lucky, otherwise anyone with real knowledge about this feel free to respond.

This borders on possible ADA violations, IMHO

Thanks

Fly Safe

Prof. ATP

Total Time
5000+
My most recent SI letter specified that it must be carried at all times, in bold. I made a copy and stuck it in my Jepp binder.

C425Driver

Total Time
My SI letter also states that I must carry the authorization at all times when I'm flying.