Spartan makes $500,000/month!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gear goes down

“The current owners purchased the school in July 2001, from which time the school has produced approximately $500,000 per month in gross revenues.”

Found this today and found it very interesting! Spartan School of Aeronautics (Now Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology) makes a butt load of money!! I guess when someone charges $140/hr for a Cessna 152 you are going to make money.

Here’s the link to the article I found the information in.
http://www.nlrb.gov/nlrb/shared_files/decisions/337/337-112.htm

gear goes down said:
“The current owners purchased the school in July 2001, from which time the school has produced approximately $500,000 per month in gross revenues.”

Found this today and found it very interesting! Spartan School of Aeronautics (Now Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology) makes a butt load of money!! I guess when someone charges $140/hr for a Cessna 152 you are going to make money.

Here’s the link to the article I found the information in.
http://www.nlrb.gov/nlrb/shared_files/decisions/337/337-112.htm

$500k in Gross Revenue doesn't tell you anything. What are their expenses? What is their Net Income (or Loss). It ain't cheap to be in the airplane business.

$140/hr for a 152??? WOW...prices have sure gone up since 1986! I paid $45/hr...wet...with an instructor. I paid $75/hr...wet...with an instructor for the Dutchess.

No wonder a private costs $5K....

Eric

Whatever their real profit is, that school is ridiculously expensive. I was about to go there then 2 weeks before the semester started I changed my mind. Glad I did. I'd rather not pay that kind of money and be treated as a second priority to the Chinese airline students. And it's in Tulsa. I'm more of a Texas guy.

Granted, it took me 1 1/2 years, and I paid as I went along....... But after tag, title,tax and 65 hours, mine ran around 8000. Went through the first 30 hours paying $80 wet/ 30hr instructor....... then as fuel went sky high, it changed to 60hr/ dry. Total cost this way was around 100/hr for the warrior. You can't put a price on a dream, but if I had to do it over again, I'm not so sure I would.:confused:

Latest resources

Back