• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spartan aviation school

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing other than they are in Tulsa and have a 13 on a black cat on the tails of the aircraft.

I graduated from there, along with two others from the initial 64 who started with us. I don't know what it's like today, but it was by no means a "rubber-stamp, pilot mill" operation when I was there. Spartan provided a very solid foundation from which to build a career...though it wasn't cheap.

Like most schools though, it's more about what the graduate does to gain experience and proficiency after finishing the program. I suspect if I'd jumped directly into the right seat of a Regional Jet after the ink dried on my CFII and ME, I'd be one of the pilots "goahead" referenced in his post.

It's not a regionally accredited institution, or at least it wasn't 10 years ago, which means that you can not transfer your college credits to other regionally accredited schools.

They're so good they laugh in the face of luck?

Nope- Here you go: The Spartan Black Cat with the 13 signifies that "Knowledge and Skill Overcome Superstition and Luck".

Big-

They offer a Bachelor of Science degree and of course the Associates. I don't know about transferring credits. When I went there I already had my Bachelor's degree so I never took the undergradraduate classes. I transferred my credits so that I could get the Associates degree.

As with any education choice YMMV. I had a great experience but I know several who ruined themselves financially going there. My first freight job was because a former instructor walked in my resume and got me the interview.

My personal recommendation (to attend any flight school) would be to go to your local community college and knock out all your basics; Math 101/102, etc. Get your private pilots license and instrument at a local FBO. You will save a lot of money and, God forbid, if something happens you know your core credits will transfer.

The government is cracking down on "for profit" colleges so that might be a factor in how you will finance your education.

Good luck with your search. Aviation is a cruel mistress but I wouldn't trade her!

Cheers- Rum

p.s. goahead- your not flying with the right Spartan grads! If your passing through Hong Kong I'll buy the beer!

I had a great experience when I was there about 14 years ago and work with several guys who are Spartan grads. None of them has anything bad to say about it. I agree with those that say it is up to the grad to make something of their education. Those that are unhappy probably went in with unrealistic expectations and figured it was a guaranteed airline career upon graduation--it's not. I thought the training was excellent and gave me a great foundation to build my career on.

CP.

I had a great experience when I was there about 14 years ago and work with several guys who are Spartan grads. None of them has anything bad to say about it. I agree with those that say it is up to the grad to make something of their education. Those that are unhappy probably went in with unrealistic expectations and figured it was a guaranteed airline career upon graduation--it's not. I thought the training was excellent and gave me a great foundation to build my career on.

CP.

+ 1
I thinks it's like everything else in life. What you put into it is what you get out of it. I'm also speaking from 16 years ago. '97 grad. I DO know of a couple of people who have had bad experiences there but I don't know the details.

I went to Spartan 16 years ago, it was good training. BS, AA degrees available and lots of sims to keep cost to a minimum(HAHAHA). I don't know how it is now, but like I said it was good back then.

Latest resources

Back