• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SouthWest to buy Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't take thinking the 190 has a place in the company for me supporting our PEA, they are completely separate issues. I'm not sure you actually read the last part of my post where I stated I think we could be fragmented or worse. I just don't think it makes sense from a market standpoint. May I suggest a little tact though. If you treat supporters like this, how must you treat those on the fence. You have no idea who I am, and would probably be surprised.

They really don't get that.
I am for a cba but reading what this guys spew can be really sad.
You are with them or not no middle jetblue sucks and all hail ALPA.

Once again so I don't get beat up I am pro cba

... after disregarding the agreed
upon mediation and arbitration!

IIRC, the mediation and arbitration were not disregarded, the process just never got there.

Mediation and then possibly arbitration would have come into play if a negotiated settlement could not be reached. Both unions' memberships voted on the second offer presented, and reached the proverbial negotiated agreement. This ended the negotiation process before arbitration or even mediation could have come into play.

Both sides had the power to move the process down the road into mediation and then arbitration. They did not, by about 85% vs 15%.

IIRC, the mediation and arbitration were not disregarded, the process just never got there.

Mediation and then possibly arbitration would have come into play if a negotiated settlement could not be reached. Both unions' memberships voted on the second offer presented, and reached the proverbial negotiated agreement. This ended the negotiation process before arbitration or even mediation could have come into play.

Both sides had the power to move the process down the road into mediation and then arbitration. They did not, by about 85% vs 15%.

One side was threatened with non-integration....the other was not. When your job and livelihood are at stake it changes things. If GK had not made those threats I think it would have been different.

Interesting, worst case, those guys would be going with the 717 to Delta right now, with an upgrade time half of SWA's.

Now that right there is funny! An offer can only be extended to someone who has the ability to accept or decline it. As JetBlue pilots, we have neither.

Send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card.

"In business, you don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate."

Bump. Because it needs to be said again.

Now that right there is funny! An offer can only be extended to someone who has the ability to accept or decline it. As JetBlue pilots, we have neither.

Send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card.

"In business, you don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate."

We have the ability to be shocked, ashamed, pissed, whatever, when we are told to go to bed without dinner....you're right, we have nothing really, that can't be withdrawn/changed/prestidigitated out of existence at anytime.

That's a good point. It sure worked out well for USAir and America West in their smoothly-executed SLI, both being good ALPA carriers and all. That case was certainly a stunning argument for how well it works when you have a "single union representing both carriers."

By the way, McCaskell-Bond applies in every case, regardless of who represents the carriers' employees.

Bubba

bubba....in case you've been sleeping...juries still out

this sh#t requires thought...and an honest look in the mirror...not our strong suit I know, but whats required nonetheless

bubba....in case you've been sleeping...juries still out

this sh#t requires thought...and an honest look in the mirror...not our strong suit I know, but whats required nonetheless

I beg to differ-- while the final seniority list outcome hasn't been determined yet, the "jury" most certainly HAS returned with a verdict of, "this is the most dicked-up, ugly, and hateful SLI ever." That was the point we were discussing: that having the "same national union" means nothing when it comes to how smoothly or fairly a SLI may or may not go.

Bubba

I beg to differ-- while the final seniority list outcome hasn't been determined yet, the "jury" most certainly HAS returned with a verdict of, "this is the most dicked-up, ugly, and hateful SLI ever." That was the point we were discussing: that having the "same national union" means nothing when it comes to how smoothly or fairly a SLI may or may not go.

Bubba

Bubba,

What you fail to recognize is what a "binding arbitration award" means. Even sides in the same union should have integrity to follow something they signed up for. It worked for the DL/NWA groups. The US Easties even agreed to the arbitrator in question beforehand. Don't blame the union, blame the group who signed up and then disregarded the award. When you sign up for something Bubba, do you think you should honor that?

Bye Bye---General Lee

got another one that fits right in here, FedEx is going to buy USA Jet. Just think enter into a new market segments, instant shipments, and any size.

Latest resources

Back