southwest time frame

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ron burgundy

Anybody know?... have an interview July 19th. Already typed..if all goes well. what type of class date could I expect? I hear not till after the first of the year. Sound about right to you?

Thanks for any and all info!

It is really a guess. The latest information from the GO is that we are going to slow classes down. But they could easily change their minds. Somewhere in the order of 6 months is probably a reasonable expectation. Good luck.

I interviewed last week and was told that those who got hired would be looking at classes in February or March. A friend who interviewed around Memorial Day and hired was told Jan or Feb. Rebekah Krone said it was going to be 7 months from interview to class unless things change. I don't know how having the type already vs. not having it will affect the wait time.

With the slow down it will be interesting to see if they will keep interviewing those that don't have the type rating.

If it is slowing down I wouldn't think it would matter if you had the type or not. Sounds like it is going to be 4-7 months to get a class date. Lots of extra time to get the type if you get hired.

If it is slowing down I wouldn't think it would matter if you had the type or not. Sounds like it is going to be 4-7 months to get a class date. Lots of extra time to get the type if you get hired.

The type matters (Full disclaimer: I interviewed without it - pre 9-11)

PRO:
- We typically interview those with types first
- If you sucessfully interview, you do not get a spot in line until you get the type.
- Everyone who successfully interviews after you (and has the type) gets in line before you.

CON
- your chances of being hired are not affected by the type
- you could be out 8 grand
- that much money in the pot might make you nervous and not interview well

Not everyone should get the type, but you should think about it. Even when we're hiring like gangbuster having the type can get you here months sooner. During a slow down it can be even more important.

I guess what I meant to say is if SWA is slowing down I wonder if they wil go back to requiring the type rating for the interview.

Hey guys,

I interviewed in early May with the type, met the June DB, and got the call. I spoke to the HR department recently, and they said I probably would not get a classdate til Jan/Feb 08.
I'm not sure how much of that is regular slowdown, or possibly holiday season slowdown.

good luck to you all,
swimming in the pool- Nav

Latest resources

Back