• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest the new "Legacy" carrier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this article really was written by Michael Boyd, then that would explain a lot of things. He's has a "aviation consulting company," (Boyd Consulting), that does little more than slam Southwest whenever and wherever possible. In that respect, he's like a "professional" version of OYS or Gen'l Lee. He gets paid to badmouth SWA, whereas OYS and GL do it for free.

To be honest, I can't even imagine who actually pays for his advice, seeing as how poor his track record is. About 90 -95% of the predictions he makes, turn out to be complete crap. His clients could probably save a lot of money by just signing up for FI and reading some of the SWA threads. Plus, they're more entertaining anyway.

Bubba

I'm curious....what predictions has Boyd made that are wrong. 95%.??? So out of his last 10 give me nine wrong predictions. I've found some of his predictions fairly accurate.

Looks like GL isn't trashing SWA as in the past but continues to do so concerning the regionals. Some people never change.

There could be a lot more opportunities if SWA dumps the 717s quicker than expected too. DL is hanging on to the DC9s for an extra year, and maybe they will throw them into smaller markets SWA is dumping, instead of adding RJs (33 will leave DCI this year alone), which used to be standard practice. It will get interesting, no doubt.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Maybe those 717s end up in Delta colors. I am sure behind the scenes that deal is not dead. I think both carriers could gain tons from a deal swapping 717s for 737s. Who knows, what I do know is the 717 was the pink elephant in the deal. No deal is perfect and in this case SWA got stuck with 717s.

hey swa bubba, please...name two of boyd's predictions that were crap....90 to 95% crap?

or was that typical bs? ... or just name one....

hey swa bubba, please...name two of boyd's predictions that were crap....90 to 95% crap?

or was that typical bs? ... or just name one....

Chirp, chirp, chirp......

I'm sure the predictions Boyd was making ten years ago about the major airlines inability to compete with the LCC's and how they would be filing for bankruptcy while SWA and Jetblue as well as AAI would benefit from the demise of those airlines was not viewed by the SWA pilot group as "95% crap".........

I remember being in Brasilia school in 1994 and listening as the GS instructor explained how he thought the big boys were big and bloated, and could be 'taken down.' I wondered what in the world he was talking about, but after seeing every one of them being bankrupt in the last 10 years, I see just what he was getting at.

It's true all those big boys in existence back then still are, in one form or another. But not without taking massive haircuts.

Latest resources

Back