Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OakRBust

Still Lucky as Hell
I don't know about the rest of you poolies...... But this silence is killing me. Come on you guys.... Bad unfounded speculation is way better than sterile message board.

Someone please help!!! :D

Thanks in advance.

OAK

I agree, Oak, how about this...I think the big 5/6 are scaling back too much right now as a necessity for their survival leaving the door wide open for SWA to gain huge market share on the economic rebound when it does (and it EVENTUALLY will) come. I think SWA is on the verge of a major growth spurt when people start flying again. Code shares, i think, could further reduce capacity if the Delta, NWA, CAL deal goes through, however, i don't think the Delta pilots will not go for that one without getting the furloughees back on property...even then I doubt they would want it. I dont know what the fleet plans are at SWA beyond the few aircraft they will net next year, but I suspect finding 737's right now wouldn't be too terribly difficult. UAL's impending Chapter 11 throws this whole thing into a tailspin as everyone else may have to do the same just to keep up when they start slashing fares while in reorganization. I doubt SWA and Delta would join them in BK, but I suspect there would surely be others to follow...most notably AMR if UAL attacks them at Ohare and other strongholds...this thing could get real ugly in a few months. Well, that should stir up some conversation...just unfounded opinions...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back