Southwest propaganda?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PropsR4Boats

What is with the Southwest propaganda? It seems every posting on the company news site that contains SWA is negative. Not negative as in saying they are kicking our rears, but instead they are saying how SWA is going to be hurting cause of this and they will be squeezed cause of that. The one thing that tells me this is propaganda is they say that SWA costs are jumping up due to there labor cost. The only people that would publish that kind of crap are the people that want to help the Legacy’s get a labor concession...Maybe they are just trying to cut the attrition to SWA. I don't know...What I do know is if SWA called me I’d jump off my sinking ship. I LUV you guys at SWA

PropsR4Boats said:
What is with the Southwest propaganda? It seems every posting on the company news site that contains SWA is negative. Not negative as in saying they are kicking our rears, but instead they are saying how SWA is going to be hurting cause of this and they will be squeezed cause of that. The one thing that tells me this is propaganda is they say that SWA costs are jumping up due to there labor cost. The only people that would publish that kind of crap are the people that want to help the Legacy’s get a labor concession...Maybe they are just trying to cut the attrition to SWA. I don't know...What I do know is if SWA called me I’d jump off my sinking ship. I LUV you guys at SWA

Welcome to the good ol' American media...they love to build things up, just to tear them down.

So the media is concerned about our costs? Just now?

Guess what? We beat them to it. We starting being concerned a few years ago. And we're taking the necessary measures to maintain our low cost structure. It's not easy, but we're doing it.

JMHO

LUVChild said:
We starting being concerned a few years ago. And we're taking the necessary measures to maintain our low cost structure. It's not easy, but we're doing it.

JMHO

In I believe 2002 we had 95 employees for every airplane. Now we have 70. Yes salaries have gone up, but so has productivity.

I have heard this same mantra for over 11 years now. Not that we don't have to be careful. But we always have been.

SWAdude said:
In I believe 2002 we had 95 employees for every airplane. Now we have 70. Yes salaries have gone up, but so has productivity.

I have heard this same mantra for over 11 years now. Not that we don't have to be careful. But we always have been.
How about "Revenue generated per employee" and "costs incurred per employee" figures?

News stories are about infotainment. They write about what they think will grab attention. They create drama. It's like a reality show on the news channels.

I thought good news stories would be all over the free web these days, but it seems you have to spend bucks on a good pay site to get good analysis and commentary.

HalinTexas said:
How about "Revenue generated per employee" and "costs incurred per employee" figures?

If you want to take the time to figure that out, have at it.

I don't know exactly what is your point.

They are planting the seed for "labor costs are going up....we need concessions to remain competitive".

Latest resources

Back