• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest posts loss on weak demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another article mentioned that the company was offering buyouts for all employee groups, but didn't give details. Anyone know what they are offering the pilots to bail early?

Don't understand that sentiment at all. Why you would wish bad things for your fellow pilots is beyond me.

SWA is a good company just like other airlines out there trying to make it through these times.

uhm, oooookay. I think vixin's comment actually reflects your sentiment and he/she wasn't wishing bad things for anyone. It was just commentary on a certain element that frequents this board.

I fly for SWA. I dont wish bad on my own company. It was sarcasm for the FI guys that love to hate us. Now they have something to be happy about. Is that spelled out well enough?

The hedges are part of the loss at SWA but their labor costs are also out of control.
Nail on the head instructordude!

I mean really, were do these guys get off thinking they should get below COLA wage increase?

Thats just out of control right there!!!

Jeesh!

This is an engineered loss.

With open agreements and managements desire to lure the senior mommas into retirement Gary and team planned this one well.

Nothing happens in this industry by chance. They knew they had to report a fuel hedge loss at some point this year, what a better time than this quarter.

Its the man behind the curtain, dont kid yourself.

The hedges are part of the loss at SWA but their labor costs are also out of control.

whoa. Why don't you just say "I support lowering the bar".

You don't look old enough to remember when SWA had some of the lowest labor costs. Course that was before Jetblue, Airtran, $150 airfares, and overall capitalism run amok to the point where this country doesn't care that everything is made in China and sold to you by a minimum wage employee as long as it only costs $3.99.............basically before life in this country hit the ********************e-er.

Latest resources

Back