• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest posts loss on weak demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whoa. Why don't you just say "I support lowering the bar".

You don't look old enough to remember when SWA had some of the lowest labor costs. Course that was before Jetblue, Airtran, $150 airfares, and overall capitalism run amok to the point where this country doesn't care that everything is made in China and sold to you by a minimum wage employee as long as it only costs $3.99.............basically before life in this country hit the ********************e-er.

"I support the prosperity of my company through responsible wages and work rules"

Ask the passengers on last weeks flight that lost an engine in a driving rainstorm and safely returned to the airport if $180,000 a year is "out of control."

We are assets, not liabilities.

Gup

"I support the prosperity of my company through responsible wages and work rules"

Listen man. My freshman year of college I had a roomate who was starting Pharmacutical school. Including instruction as a suedo internship, I spent the same amount of time going to school, and only spent 20k less for my education. He has been making 6 figures for the last 5 yrs, and I still have a second job to pay the basic bills. If he has a question he refers to the manual just as I would, if that doesn't solve it he makes a phone call to the distributor. He makes a mistake it could involve one maybe two individuals. I make a mistake and its a different story. If you think we are fairly compensated pull your head out of your ___.and get a clue.

Leave the little boy alone, his basement gets lonely when his parents are at work.

Listen man. My freshman year of college I had a roomate who was starting Pharmacutical school. Including instruction as a suedo internship, I spent the same amount of time going to school, and only spent 20k less for my education. He has been making 6 figures for the last 5 yrs, and I still have a second job to pay the basic bills. If he has a question he refers to the manual just as I would, if that doesn't solve it he makes a phone call to the distributor. He makes a mistake it could involve one maybe two individuals. I make a mistake and its a different story. If you think we are fairly compensated pull your head out of your ___.and get a clue.

I should pull MY head out of my a$$?? and get a clue??

Sounds like your roomate from school has a clue. Maybe you should call him.:p

Ask the passengers on last weeks flight that lost an engine in a driving rainstorm and safely returned to the airport if $180,000 a year is "out of control."

We are assets, not liabilities.

Gup

Sadly, it's not what we are worth, it's about supply and demand. As long as the market has guys like instructor dooshe who are willing to do it for less, what's the incentive to pay more?

Until they can't fill pilot seats, I doubt pilots will have the leverage they once enjoyed under a regulated industry. Think it's bad now? MPL and cabotage will make all of this look like a picnic in the park.

Pilots have to decide if we are true union members like plumbers and longshoreman,... and begin to negotiate contracts like dues paying union members.
Pattern negotiations only works if everyone pulls in the same direction.
Until that happens pilots will cut each others throat for the "shiny jet syndrome".

Some of you guys fall for Instructordude's trolling every time.

Latest resources

Back