• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Pilots Profit Sharing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what kinda paydays have you seen from guys that have retired from SWA and cashed out?

"Glad to see where you stand on supporting our guard and reserves."

Has nothing to do with that. Why should you get credit for something you didn't do. If you want profit sharing for your guard duty talk to Uncle Sam.
And yes i am ex military.

IRT military trip drop, SWA pilots do receive a percentage of their military duty earned toward profit-sharing. As an example, I averaged a little less than 1 3-day trip dropped per month in 2005. My profit sharing was almost identical to a fellow classmate with no trips dropped. The union is very sure to let military guys know about this so they account for every military day, even if no SWA days are affected.

Just my experience,
shootr

Oh, and don't shoot the messenger or the union. This is not in the contract and SWA does not have to do this. They just do it . Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Glad to see where you stand on supporting our guard and reserves.

This is not a bash on the military guys as I support yall and your mission fully.

Profit sharing is meant to reward employees for their work and contribution to the company, not the military. The US govt. pays you when you are on Military leave for your work, why would SWA (or other employees for that matter) want to share the profits for days you weren't even there?

Last edited:
The union is very sure to let military guys know about this so they account for every military day, even if no SWA days are affected.

Are you telling me that my profit sharing is reduced because we are giving credit to military guys for their service days even when the days fall outside of scheduled SWA service?

No, I do not believe that a reservist can get more profit sharing than what they would have gotten had they flown their originaly awarded line. If I have to drop a very high paying 4-day to fly 3 days for the Navy, then the union (and the company BTW) wants me to be sure I get credit if I fly for the Navy on other days that I'm off from SWA. If my line was 90 trips but I only flew 68 trips, no matter how many days I work for the Navy I can't get more that 90 trips credit for profit sharing purposes. I'm sorry if this irks you. Maybe you can call somebody in Dallas and have it changed.

Happy Holidays!
shootr

SWA or SWAPA doing this has nothing to do with the goodness of their heart, its Federal Law that they do it. A company is required to afford military personel every right and opportunity as a civilian, and cannot take something away from them do to obligated service. Now, SWA dont have to pay you for the missed trip, but just like everyone else there, they are required to act as though you were there for profit sharing. Every airline is the same. You could be activated for a year with the military, and SWA is still required to give you profit sharing even if you never stepped foot on property one day during the year. To those of you who dont like, appreciate the fact that someone is out there doing a job that allows you to do yours.

You could be activated for a year with the military, and SWA is still required to give you profit sharing even if you never stepped foot on property one day during the year.

Not exactly true, but close enough for government work I guess.

I never knew that about Military trip drops and profit sharing credit either but more power to ya. Thanks for protecting our country and way of life!

I am also hoping we get back to the double digit profit sharing percentages again!

Latest resources

Back