Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Pilot Application Window Open.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HowardBorden

WORK ACTIVITIES/CONTEXT:

Responsibilities:

• Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers.
  • Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company.
  • Works in a highly organized environment, which demands close coordination and teamwork with the Captain, Flight Attendants, Dispatcher and all Ground Personnel.
  • Must comply with all regulations and directives pertaining to the conduct of the flight in a manner suitable to the Captain. Specifically:
  • All Pilots must operate in accordance with Southwest Airlines FAA Approved and FAA Accepted manuals, the Operations Specifications, 14 CFRs, 49 CFRs, FAA Orders, Airworthiness Directives, Advisory Circulars, Handbook Bulletins, Directives, and Manufacturer?s recommendations.
  • No person may operate a civil aircraft without complying with the operating limitations specified in the approved Southwest Airlines Flight Operations Manual, markings and placards. (Reference 14 CFR 91.9(a))
  • No person may operate an aircraft in a careless and reckless manner so as to endanger the life or property of another. (Reference 14 CFR 91.13)
  • All Southwest Airlines Employees must comply with the Company?s Policies on a Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Misuse. Specifically:
  • No person may perform any function listed in 14 CFR 121, Appendix I while that person has a prohibited drug, as defined by that appendix, in his or her system. (Reference 14 CFR 121.455(b))
  • No person may perform any safety-sensitive function if the person has a verified positive drug test result on or has refused to submit to a drug test required by 14 CFR 121, Appendix I and the person has not met the requirements of that appendix for returning to the performances of safety-sensitive duties. (Reference 14 CFR 121.455(c))
  • Submit reports on irregularities or incidents, as required.
  • Immediately notify the Base Chief Pilot or Assistant Base Chief Pilot of any discrepancy or incident that may affect his/her ability, or Southwest Airlines' ability, to perform within the parameters of safety, regulatory compliance, and fiscal responsibility.
  • Performs as Captain should the Captain become incapacitated during flight and unable to assume command.
  • Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
Authorities:

• Take action, as deemed necessary, to resolve any problems or situations that may compromise safety or compliance.
  • When assigned by the Captain, direct the Flight Crew in a safe and efficient manner to meet the operational requirements of Southwest Airlines.
  • Delegate duties and authority defined for this position; responsibilities may not be delegated.
  • May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.     
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.

May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.

Qualifications:
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:

High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.

Must be at least 18 years of age.

Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.

EDUCATION:

• High School diploma or equivalency required.
  • Graduation from an accredited four-year college preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE:

• 2500 hours total flight time or 1,500 hours total flight time in a turbine aircraft. Additionally, a minimum of 1,000 hours in a Turbine aircraft as the Pilot in Command. Only time in a fixed wing aircraft is counted, this specifically excludes simulator, helicopter, WSO, RIO, FE, NAV,EWO and UAV. Actively flying for 2 of the last 5 years is preferred.   
LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:

• USA DOT/FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate. The certificate must display the following:
"Airplane Multiengine Land" Category and Class Ratings
"English Proficient" limitation.
Plastic certificate ( plastic not required if the certificate is a valid temporary certificate.)
USA DOT/FAA First Class Medical Certificate and, if applicable, any necessary Special Issuance of a Medical Certificate ( Authorization) or Statement of Demonstrated Ability ( SODA) issued by the Federal Air Surgeon.

• Must possess a valid United States Drivers License.
  • A valid passport allowing travel across US boarders or a Refugee Travel Document.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES:

• Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs.
SKILLS/ABILITIES/KNOWLEDGE/WORK STYLE:

• Must be at least 23 years of age at the time of hire.
  • Must be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
  • Must be able to read documents, follow instructions, listen, comprehend and repeat detailed lengthy instructions, and understand and retain procedures, rules and regulations.
  • Must successfully complete initial and recurrent training programs, proficiency checks, and evaluation period.
  • Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed.
  • Must be alert to moving equipment on the ramp and other aircraft in the air.
  • Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick (15 to 20 minute) turns of aircraft.
  • Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate information verbally, face to face, over public address systems, via radio, and other communication equipment.
  • Must be able to comply with company attendance standards and work rules, as described in labor agreements and/or established guidelines.
  • Ability to work well with others as part of a team, meet the public and work under stressful situations.
  • Ability to work rotating shifts, and or overtime and travel on a constant basis.
  • Must maintain a well-groomed appearance.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.

OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:

Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.

Southwest Airlines will again be opening our Pilot Hiring window March 5th and remain open for approximately two weeks. To express interest in Southwest Pilot positions, please go to www.southwest.com/careers. Once there, click ?View All Job Postings? and express interest in the open pilot requisition by uploading your resume and answering the prescreening questions. Please note, an applicant only needs to apply one time on the www.southwest.com/careers website.
Having a profile on Pilot Credentials will NOT by itself make you a Pilot candidate for consideration; you must also take the steps above to express interest through www.southwest.com/careers. If you previously applied through southwest.com during our last hiring event, it is still necessary to complete this step to be considered.
After completing the steps above on www.southwest.com/careers, please create, review or update your existing profile at https://swa.pilotcredentials.com/ . Some areas on the profile website, including the Pilot Questionnaire have changed and it is important to keep your profile information current, complete and accurate. The green check marks will verify the profile is complete. Changes in qualifications and flight time are continuously reviewed.
A Boeing 737 type rating is no longer a necessity prior to a job offer. Pilot candidates must still have an U.S. FAA unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot certificate with an Airplane Multi-Engine Land (AMEL) endorsement to be considered a valid applicant. A comprehensive list of certifications and job requirements can be found on the Pilot Credentials site or at Southwest.com/careers.
Interviews will be granted based upon a qualifications review and overall competitiveness. Training class dates are scheduled to begin in August 2015.
Sincerely,

Southwest Airlines
Pilot Recruiting Team

This is great news, because I'm going to the WIA conference tomorrow and will be having a meet and greet with them!

Does anyone know the hiring personnel so I can address a cover letter to them? Just in case. I can't find anything I'd trust online.

This is great news, because I'm going to the WIA conference tomorrow and will be having a meet and greet with them!

Does anyone know the hiring personnel so I can address a cover letter to them? Just in case. I can't find anything I'd trust online.

What color skirt will you wear?

I'm curious about something. I already had a profile/application on SWA.PilotCredentials.com. i received an email from them regarding the application window. I've updated and submitted. I've also created a profile/application on southwest career page (which is pretty basic) and submitted. Here's the question, If I was applying for the first time how would I know to create a profile/application in both places?

Latest resources

Back