Southwest off the runway in Spokane..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fly it like you stole it...

I thought that is what they teach you in training. I love Southwest and they have been berry, berry good to me as Sammy Sosa would say. I appreciate the rides to Midland. Everyone is first class and very friendly,.....but as a passenger have been side loaded with skidding mains and all with trying to make early turnoffs. Also have seen several races on taxiways to get there first. You do what you gotta do. I can't believe that this doesn't happen more especially in MDW. God bless and safe flying for all. I am glad that there were no injuries and I am assuming that the only ribbing will be from his or her fellow pilots.

I'd like to see Tanker Clown come in here and make a remark about installing mud flaps on SWA's new 73s.

Well, SWA seems to like to run off runways and Continental, Delta, ASA and everyone else like to have runway incursions. It can happen to anyone. But I will say, SWA does taxi very fast.

You're not implying that a Contractual "1,2,3 rule" isn't in the interest of safety are you??!

What does it have to do with safety?

Are you implying that SWA pilots/flight attendants come to work intoxicated? If so, please refresh my memory as to which airline is immune to this...

Last edited:
Maybe they should just pave the entire airport and all the airports where WN flies. That way, there would be no incidents like this.

Maybe you should get that sausage outa your mouth when you post on boards like these.

Last edited:
On the Spokane news last night, one of the pax was interviewed. Her story was that the aircraft landed hard, and did a 180 on the runway. Since it was a woman, she may have been confused.

was the CA over 60?

Cuz' this might be one of the first of an eventual many instances where the slower reaction times and more susceptibility to stress and fatigue make many question why this country decided to screw over the majority of the pilot population by passing age 65 :)

(thought someone else would beat me to saying that)

Latest resources

Back