Southwest new hire pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetFumes

What's it really........ for a second and third year guy if you live in base, as in 50 mins from Oakland.

Flying the minimum...

1st-58K
2nd-91K
3rd-102K

These numbers aren't counting perdiem which is a minimum of 6K yearly....

If you live in base you can add a lot to the numbers above...

Last edited:
Been here 7&1/2 years- rates have gone up, i lived in OAK as a new hire, made $72k picking up an extra fly turn or two day a month in addition to my line- ie: would equal the same amount under the current contract x bigger pay rate

That was the only time I made less than 6 figures. I just fly my line now but I'd guess $100-$110k 2nd year

And $120-$130k 3rd year.

Our contract is more than just rates and a line- if you live in base and make yourself available to that contract, you'll live well. But you wouldn't get more than a guess about the actual amount bc it's so dependent on what you do with that living 50 min drive from domicile.

What is the process for picking up an extra day or two? Do you have to trade a whole trip for a longer (or more productive) one? Can you pick up individual days (or legs)? I have been looking around but haven't seen anything in any of the recent threads.

Thanx

What other benefits do you have as a Southwest pilot?

"Fonzi" jacket, multiple leg days, one plane type, quick turns on the ground..

But also great pay, disgruntled 1/3 of the group, and a management that WAS pro-pilot a few years ago. Oh yeah, and some stagnation.

Your peers at the big 3 legacies will be climbing the ladder a lot faster towards better quality of life thanks to huge retirements, plus a choice of different types of flying, like domestic vs INTL long haul.

Good luck with your own choice.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back