Southwest Mentor Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

saviboy

Hi I dont meet the minimums for Southwest yet but have been offered to be part of their Mentoring program. Anybody knows about that?

Southwest started the mentoring program a few years back.

What they will do is try to hook you up with a SWA pilot in your area. During the year SWA holds various groups sessions for the mentors around the country. These sessions are a great opportunity to meet with the hiring department people, various other pilots at SWA and possible chief pilots.

I would recommend joining the mentoring program.

iflyhigh

Southwest started the mentoring program a few years back.

What they will do is try to hook you up with a SWA pilot in your area. During the year SWA holds various groups sessions for the mentors around the country. These sessions are a great opportunity to meet with the hiring department people, various other pilots at SWA and possible chief pilots.

I would recommend joining the mentoring program.

iflyhigh

Thanks
Would there be a possibilty to be hired right at the minimums if I join the mentoring program? (I will join asap by the way, just trying to see how much of an impact the program could have on my application)

Last edited:
Would there be a possibilty to be hired right at the minimums if I join the mentoring program? (I will join asap by the way, just trying to see how much of an impact the program could have on my application)

Just the kind of F/O I would like to fly with someday. :rolleyes: Get lots of experience, get lots of flight time, get lots of PIC turbine time and then apply. The list of experienced pilots is long but distinguished.

i think it's a great program...highly recomend it. Go to the info sessions...they are rather informative. I don't know if you get hired any sooner but it's all who you know trust me.

Just the kind of F/O I would like to fly with someday. :rolleyes:

Get lots of experience, get lots of flight time, get lots of PIC turbine time and then apply. The list of experienced pilots is long but distinguished.

Did I write something wrong?
I am just trying to get hired by one the best airlines in the US. I would think that anybody approaching the minimums required by an airline they like would do anything they can to be hired. That only shows drive and ambition. I am not trying to burn any bridges. I was a CFI, Turboprop SIC, turboprop PIC and I logged 1500 hours in 16 months.

I dont have tons of experience compared to a lot of applicants but I am not exactly new to Aviation: I have been in aviation for about 10 years, 5 of that as a technician on various jets including the 737.
I only have 2450 and about 800 turbine PIC and I am working very hard ( became captain in july 2006 and logged 770 PIC since then) at making my resume more competitive.

Thank you for the answers

Don't worry about CanyonBlue. He just looked at the ELITT and Daily open times for the rest of this short month. He will be better tommorrow.

Don't worry about CanyonBlue. He just looked at the ELITT and Daily open times for the rest of this short month. He will be better tommorrow.

Wouldn't ELITT out of a 24 TFP 3 day, and DOT is for suckers.

I was a CFI, Turboprop SIC, turboprop PIC and I logged 1500 hours in 16 months.

Alright then, for that you get my respect. You seem to be working hard at a career in aviation and I applaud that. I misread your first post as a look at a fast-track to flying, I'm glad you're a hard worker.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back