• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Line on Credit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What NDAs? Who says those are being signed?

Pretty widely known over here that our MEC officers were asked to sign them recently, and apparently SWAPA did the same. That's doesn't necessarily mean anything. I wouldn't be shocked if SWA jumped on an opportunity for some cheap -700 leases, though.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Google, Microsoft and other very large corporations have all negotiated larger lines of credit recently due to the very low interest rates

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Google, Microsoft and other very large corporations have all negotiated larger lines of credit recently due to the very low interest rates

That's true, but overall not a reason to require Non-Disclosure Agreements with union leaders.

It's one of two things headed Southwest's way..

1- Another airline purchase.

2- Agreement for more planes that haven't been announced previously.

I think it's option number one. The airline to be purchased? Not sure.

Explain why an NDA is needed to procure more jets? Makes no sense, head shed is not required to explain when or where they get the jets.

Something else besides just jets. Maybe an airline with jets. But then again my NDA meter is registering nothing.

Explain why an NDA is needed to procure more jets? Makes no sense, head shed is not required to explain when or where they get the jets.

Something else besides just jets. Maybe an airline with jets. But then again my NDA meter is registering nothing.

I agree Scoreboard.

Would Gary have them sign a NDA for say an order of 100 777's? Maybe.

For the purchase of another airline? Absolutely.

I guess the technical answer is written deep in SEC rules.

New existing type purchases don't require a thing from labor. In fact they are buying used airplanes right now to replace the retiring classics because all the 737 orders from Boeing are essentially being used to replace 717s. They have bought a few recently. In addition to what has been floated above it could be the rumored SJU domicile or details of the planned INTL service. They might want to run those past labor to how how they would fit witin the contract and avoid a hiccup later.

Also it could be the more than rumored next phase of schedule optimization which will result in a large disparity between block hours on weekday days.

For the purchase of another airline? Absolutely.
PCL128 said the ATN MEC Officers signed one too. I would bet $50 that the ATN MEC finds out about any future mergers the same time the pilots do. Don't think there is much trust between SWA management and the ATN MEC after the little com battle waged in February.

I don't think Gary is interested in any more mergers at this time. Time will tell.

NDAs don't concern me unless you hear about another airlines union being asked to sign NDAs. Anything on that front?

SJU domicile, so we can outsource our flying? Don't think so.

Latest resources

Back