• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Line on Credit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jamie and Sean. Two great guys who have worked really hard improving the on line computer training here at AirTran. Any organization is lucky to have them.

Jamie and Sean. Two great guys who have worked really hard improving the on line computer training here at AirTran. Any organization is lucky to have them.
I was told it was an AT guy that reprogrammed how the flight plan portion of the release prints out, moving relevant info to the first page. All the info was there before, but you had to go searching through several pages to find landing elevation, winds aloft and ISA deviation info. It may seem insignificant but when you fly 12 legs on a trip not having to search for the data adds up. Whoever did that small thing, I appreciate it and am hopeful there is more to come.

Wave, had we gone to arbitration, something between DOH and a ratio'd list is exactly what would have transpired. You can deny it until you're blue in the face, but deep down, you know it to be true.

Delusional, to your own groups detriment-

Arrogant as hell PCL - some of us worked our butts off to get here and you're out spreading that you deserve a bump over your doh ? Amazing- I wish we had gone to arbitration so you woul know how wrong you are.

I was told it was an AT guy that reprogrammed how the flight plan portion of the release prints out, moving relevant info to the first page. All the info was there before, but you had to go searching through several pages to find landing elevation, winds aloft and ISA deviation info. It may seem insignificant but when you fly 12 legs on a trip not having to search for the data adds up. Whoever did that small thing, I appreciate it and am hopeful there is more to come

It was a group of line pilots and dispatchers that developed the new release format. A grat guy from AT Dispatch headed up the project and was very receptive to the pilot inputs.

Wave, had we gone to arbitration, something between DOH and a ratio'd list is exactly what would have transpired. You can deny it until you're blue in the face, but deep down, you know it to be true.

Your completely out to lunch with this statement.

Airtran was a fine company, but the difference in career earnings and company longevity/earning/stability where night and day. And that would have come thru loud and clear to any arbitor.

This wasn't a Delta/NW list merger. Sorry, never was a merger of equals......as much as you'd like to think so.

WOW! :eek: You need to stop calling other people delusional. :nuts:

If any of you truly believed that, then there wouldn't have been the push to avoid arbitration. We all know how this would have turned out, no matter how much you try to deny it.

If any of you truly believed that, then there wouldn't have been the push to avoid arbitration. We all know how this would have turned out, no matter how much you try to deny it.
None of us knew how it would have turned out because only the arbitration panel that was never called into the game could know that. The person avoiding arbitration was Kelly. He didn't want a drawn out and protracted process. He knew he had the ability to present his own offer and as it turned out, he put a deal on the table that he was able to garner colossal support for. No matter how you look at it he was very successful in pulling off his plan. You may not like the deal, you may not like the tactics, you may not like the vote results but you cannot deny how successful the execution was.

80 plus percent on your side say otherwise.

I here that last step off the edge of the flat Earth you live on is pretty long...

Tell me again why the two other labor groups that went to arbitration under the McCaskill/Bonds did not get anywhere near what you thought would happen. I believe the arbitrator gave the Mechanics from Airtran about the same reduction in seniority that you got when they come over to the SW side. The arbitrator made it apparently clear this was not a merger of equals and the only thing that Airtran had to negotiate with was their seniority.

The CEO of SWA made that decision ,not the SWA pilots. It is his job to direct the company in a healthy manor.I am sure he did not want another USAir/AW .

He has a Masters, you have a HS diploma . You tell me who most would follow with business decisions ?

Latest resources

Back