Southwest Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Morning Wood

Does anyone know of a change to WN's jumpseat policy for non-CASS airlines? A WN gate agent in TUS said that a dispatcher wanting a cabin jumspeat needed a letter of authorization.

A dispatcher or Pilot it does not matter. If their carrier is on the Jumpseat list then they are good to go. No letter required. (They do need a valid license and valid company ID)

RVSM said:
A dispatcher or Pilot it does not matter. If their carrier is on the Jumpseat list then they are good to go. No letter required. (They do need a valid license and valid company ID)

That's correct, as my fellow co-worker has just stated. Sorry, on behalf of WN. I find it quite ironic, that you had a problem in TUS. Tuscon is the only city I have ever had a problem J/S on, when I tried to take Mesa from TUS-PHX. We have an assistant dispatcher, who answers a lot of the J/S calls. I'm not gonna publish the number here, but if you'd like it, PM me.

Thanks.

I've jumped on WN outta TUS tons of times and have never had a problem. In fact, I have NEVER had a problem jumping on WN, I'm gonna do it today (LAX-SMF), I'll let ya know how she goes.

SKC said:
So, who would this authorization letter have to come from? WN or our airline?

I don't know. I think the agent thought this guy wanted to sit in
the actual, but who knows. The guy this happened to is brand new
and didn't know the ropes well enough yet to ask for details. He
just walked away.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back