• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are Southwest Airlines!
All your routes are belong to us!

Nice post and I love the grammar!

Diamond.....Disregarded!

I'm a "lerker" here most days and mostly observe only. But IDIOTS like DIAMOND are frustrating because he is obviously not an employee of SWA and does not represent the feelings or attitudes of us employed there. This is a horrible time in the aviation industry - no matter who you work for. In any industry there has to be some at the top and some at the bottom. No good business will just look the other way when opportunity presents itself, just to be kind - it is simply business. My heart goes out to those who loose jobs, take pay cuts, or see a loss in seniority or benefits. We ALL deserve better than what this industry is giving out. I do not hope for anyone's demise for personal gain. I hope we can all ride this gas crunch out until profitable days. Off the soapbox.....

Diamond.....Disregarded!

I'm a "lerker" here most days and mostly observe only. But IDIOTS like DIAMOND are frustrating because he is obviously not an employee of SWA and does not represent the feelings or attitudes of us employed there. This is a horrible time in the aviation industry - no matter who you work for. In any industry there has to be some at the top and some at the bottom. No good business will just look the other way when opportunity presents itself, just to be kind - it is simply business. My heart goes out to those who loose jobs, take pay cuts, or see a loss in seniority or benefits. We ALL deserve better than what this industry is giving out. I do not hope for anyone's demise for personal gain. I hope we can all ride this gas crunch out until profitable days. Off the soapbox.....

So an airline that is 100% dependent on domestic traffic (the weakest segment) like WN doesn't think that it's success is tied to the failure of other airlines? How else does it propose to acquire gate space at major hubs (the Philadelphia phactor)? How will it handle the end of it's hedges (which they can legitimately claim as homegrown success).

To fein astonishment at WN being depicted as predator is disingenuous at best.

The talk in Dallas is that the Training Center has been asked if they could run a new hire class each week for 2 weeks with 1 week off then 2 weeks etc, for the remainder of the year.

Rumor is there will be a "spectacular" announcement in the next few days. Something to do with Denver.

there ya go, unbridled expansion in a place where another airline's just trying to hang on is really "spectacular".

what flavor's the kool-aid today?

So much for trimming capacity.

Latest resources

Back