• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest is a PFT'er.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you guys are so content about your decision with regards to the 737 type then why do you feel the need to constantly defend it? I personally could care less if you did, it's your choice.

Not SWA guy, but I think they are trying to teach a few about the difference between this and PFT. Personal choice, and for some a wise investment.

Hey Scoreboard.....

It's about time your sorry A$$ got onboard....

Those " couple of mortgage payments" have paid off handsomely in my case. Care to bet who's banked more money and more time off in the last 15 years?

Oh Ok....let's just throw our units out there for measurement. let's compare cars and wives and houses while we are there.....do you brag about it? Do you tell everyone who will listen that you are a mighty SWA pilot with lots of time off and banked LOTSA money?

Idiot! Good argument.....All this from a guy who's had to fund his own retirement whoring 8 legs a day.....too funny!!

Last edited:
Bill you are a angry little man. You must be one of those quite pilot's that don't say much in public.

Oh Ok....let's just throw our units out there for measurement. let's compare cars and wives and houses while we are there.....do you brag about it? Do you tell everyone who will listen that you are a mighty SWA pilot with lots of time off and banked LOTSA money?

Idiot! Good argument.....All this from a guy who's had to fund his own retirement whoring 8 legs a day.....too funny!!

You keep bringing it up. I am merely trying to illustrate that the $8k was a tiny drop in my career bucket, and well worth it to me. You seem happy with your career choice and I am certainly happy with mine. Why keep harping on it post after post? And you call me an idiot?

FWIW, I haven't done 8 legs in the same day since the early commuter days. Nor have I even seen LBB from closer than the upper FLs in at least a few years.

If I hadn't gotten my type when I did, it would've been at least another year or 2 before I had any chance of a major job (nobody was hiring). Right now, I would probably be a widebody FO for one of the majors, working a lot more for a lot less. I enjoy my time off, and having the cash to really enjoy it.

Why not let it go?

Or are you like GL and PFT128, and insanely jealous of all of us WN guys?

$8000 x 5700 pilots = $45,600,000. Another drop in the bucket regarding SWA. They really don’t need applicants to have their type, it just weeds out the likes of GL, Lumberg and Scope. Who said SWA didn’t have visionaries back in the ’70’s. They contribute lots more than that to the profitsharing. As for the rest, let it go. Really, why do you care what goes on over there?

DEAR b727 DRIVER. I have no idea what your post says. If you want me to read it please change your avatar...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back