• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Interview Prep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Concur on Judy Tarver. Just don't over-prepare - they can spot that. They're more interested in the most enthusiastic and likable pilot than the most polished for the interview. Judy will do a great job getting you ready.

I actually used Air Inc., believe it or not. It worked. I would absolutely recommend doing an interview prep with someone.

I would not recommend a formal interview prepcourse. If you get a call for an interview, you are qualified professionally. They also what to see if you fit the personality mold that works for us. They don't really care about the content in your stories, they just want to sit down with and here you talk. They want to hear YOU talk about YOURSELF, not emerald coast or Judy. They have interviewed thousands of applicants and they can most definitely spot someone who has attended a formal interview prep course.

Tarver hands down.
Just do some kind of prep. Interviewing properly is an artform most of us aren't born with. Judy is your Bob Ross.

Judy Tarver hasn't done anything for anyone they couldn't do for themselves. I saw her at HPA and have never met a more condescending and arrogant female. Her years in the industry cannot be disputed, but that doesn't make her an authority.

If you had success with her I applaud you, not her. She hinted that I was wasting my time and wasn't qualified for the job I now have.

Personally, I think "professional" preps are a waste of time and you would do better to recall interesting events that have helped shape how you behave as a pilot. Be able to show humility and the ability to learn from your mistakes, enlist the help of others, laugh at yourself, appreciate and praise others around you, and work your a$$ off and be a welcomed asset to this fine company. Be nice to everyone and smile. Don't smile like an idiot, but have a pleasant disposition. Try not to be the corniest dude in the room and remember everyone's name.

Be nice to everyone and smile. Don't smile like an idiot, but have a pleasant disposition. Try not to be the corniest dude in the room and remember everyone's name.

That keeps the 'clown' from SWA.

Last edited:
I would ABSOLUTELY recommend doing an interview prep. This is a one shot deal (normally) and you want to make the best impression possible. Performing well at a job interview is a SKILL, just like flying the airplane. Would you not study for a test a prospective employer gave? Even if you are naturally personable, relaxed, outgoing, and funny, I would still recommend going. The interview prep services can give you insight into what that particular airline is looking for. They can help you fine tune and polish your "stories." They will give you recommendations to improve your overall saleability. Some things you may not have thought of. I think it is a small investment for the job of a lifetime, especially in this tight market. Additionally, as someone mentioned, Emerald Coast offers a money back guarantee. Pilots in general have inflated self esteems, but don't let this get in the way of doing all you can do to prepare for an interview. You will not regret it.

Good luck!

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend doing an interview prep. This is a one shot deal (normally) and you want to make the best impression possible. Performing well at a job interview is a SKILL, just like flying the airplane. Would you not study for a test a prospective employer gave? Even if you are naturally personable, relaxed, outgoing, and funny, I would still recommend going. The interview prep services can give you insight into what that particular airline is looking for. They can help you fine tune and polish your "stories." They will give you recommendations to improve your overall saleability. Some things you may not have thought of. I think it is a small investment for the job of a lifetime, especially in this tight market. Additionally, as someone mentioned, Emerald Coast offers a money back guarantee. Pilots in general have inflated self esteems, but don't let this get in the way of doing all you can do to prepare for an interview. You will not regret it.

Good luck!

We have a winner! Listen to this post or you might look back and wish you had! We're not talking about a lot of money here.

Judy Tarver hasn't done anything for anyone they couldn't do for themselves. I saw her at HPA and have never met a more condescending and arrogant female. Her years in the industry cannot be disputed, but that doesn't make her an authority.

If you had success with her I applaud you, not her. She hinted that I was wasting my time and wasn't qualified for the job I now have.

Personally, I think "professional" preps are a waste of time and you would do better to recall interesting events that have helped shape how you behave as a pilot. Be able to show humility and the ability to learn from your mistakes, enlist the help of others, laugh at yourself, appreciate and praise others around you, and work your a$$ off and be a welcomed asset to this fine company. Be nice to everyone and smile. Don't smile like an idiot, but have a pleasant disposition. Try not to be the corniest dude in the room and remember everyone's name.

I totally agree with you. I met with her too, briefly, and decided that she wasn't doing anything I couldn't do myself. Doing the right amount of research, talking, networking, and finding your stories is all you need to do. Professional prep is something we will never know if it works. The guys that use it and get hired think it was the professional prep...when it was really them. However, if you need a professional in order to calm you down then go for it, but if the applicant is normally laid-back, professional, and easy-going then prep is a waste of $$$.

When I interviewed my second time, they asked me if I did any interview prep. It told them I did for the first interview but not the second. This person interviewing me has been there a long time and he/(she!!!) said they are not fond of interview preps and they can tell usually who has done it and who has not based on the answers they hear. I am sure it is obvious because I could tell myself between going in with my story lined up the first time and just with the ideas the second. Tell it like you would tell it at a bar minus the profanity and the lies in the story

Latest resources

Back