Southwest Furloughs..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

commuterguy

Two nights ago at a bar in Las Vegas, another patron heard us talking about our flying day and introduced himself as a Southwest pilot. Some of the things he was saying didn't quite make sense....one of which is that furloughs for 130 were on the way. Please say it isn't so. Hopefully this guy was a private pilot with too many drinks.

I am 132 from the bottom! We have heard nothing...we are a little fat right now but even with the reduction we had in flying we are all flyig alot. Who knows though...any thing can happen.

Good advice....the guy seemed a bit "off" but I don't keep up on all the industry happenings and thought perhaps I may have missed something. Very glad it's not true.

Nope havent heard that at all!! Maybe it was the General or Tanker.

Hey now, I don't dislike any of your guys or wish a furlough on anyone. I just say I wouldn't want to fly what you guys fly. I think your pay is great, along with your stews and management for now. I just don't like your short turns, multiple leg days, and one aircraft type. Other than all of that, you guys are seriously FANTASTIC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

just say I wouldn't want to fly what you guys fly. I think your pay is great, along with your stews and management for now. I just don't like your short turns, multiple leg days, and one aircraft type. Other than all of that, you guys are seriously FANTASTIC.

They fly the same B737 as you do at Delta, and they make more than any of your 737 pilots. And their "short turns, multiple legs, and 1 type" brand model have net them tons of profits and not a single pilot layoff in their entire history.

Latest resources

Back