• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetflier

How did they do that ?

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9238123

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was a shocking sight for some folks at Hobby Airport Thursday evening, as they watched a plane take off with a cargo door open.
Related Content

More: Free ABC13 iPhone, iPad and Android apps
More: Got a story idea? Let us know!

Southwest Airlines tells us that an indicator light came on right after Flight 48 from Houston to Dallas took off. As a precaution, the captain decided to go back and have the door checked.
Jeff Weingart was killing time at the airport when he saw it all unfold.
"I couldn't believe my eyes," he said. "I couldn't believe a plane as sophisticated as they are would take off with the cargo door open."
Southwest says no one was hurt, and maintenance was called out to check the door.

Perhaps a more appropriate title for this thread would have been, "Cargo door opens in flight", rather than the title you used, which suggests they took off with the door open.

New idea to cut down on turn times?

Perhaps a more appropriate title for this thread would have been, "Cargo door opens in flight", rather than the title you used, which suggests they took off with the door open.

+1 It was probably latched just enough for the indications to be normal then from the vibration of take-off it came open. Seen it happen on other A/C types, It takes a special kind of raper to set that mess up.

"Southwest Airlines tells us that an indicator light came on right after Flight 48 from Houston to Dallas took off. As a precaution, the captain decided to go back and have the door checked."

"Southwest Airlines tells us that an indicator light came on right after Flight 48 from Houston to Dallas took off. As a precaution, the captain decided to go back and have the door checked."
What a puss! If it took off open, it will land at the destination open.
Where's the genny, gotta be some taxi speed issues here, or some way he can pin some seniority integration issues on this donkey.

Bags Fall Free??

Yes there is a little kid in the cargo hold .. His job is to drop your luggage in your backyard so it's waiting for you when you get home !! Now that's service .. But I hear the child labor laws might squash this new service soon .. Sad ... :(

Latest resources

Back