• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Earns $152 Mill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Relief. Glad to see we had a profit regardless of hedges. Glad to see stock go up after an earnings announcement. Average fair was $140.

I hope we all make profits, even Delta. I predict major airline profits of $2BIL from Q4.

Last edited:
Just wait until they take all the redundancy out from the mergerer and jack the fairs on their added monopoly routes, also all the new international. I'm predicting a $300 million+ profit for just after spring.

Good job guys. I understand this is without the help of hedges. Also you are the highest (or right up there) paid pax airline pilots.

So in light of the above, why does SWA consistly make money while nobody else does ?

Good job guys. I understand this is without the help of hedges. Also you are the highest (or right up there) paid pax airline pilots.

So in light of the above, why does SWA consistly make money while nobody else does ?

Productivity. They work hard.

Just wait until they take all the redundancy out from the mergerer and jack the fairs on their added monopoly routes, also all the new international. I'm predicting a $300 million+ profit for just after spring.

Not sure I would call it jacking the fares, but several bucks a ticket would do it. About the price of a coffee .

Just think if SWA charged for bags like WE do.

Last edited:

Fwiw,

Southwest said Thursday that it earned $152 million in the fourth quarter, up from $131 million a year earlier.
The increase, however, came entirely from gains on fuel-hedging contracts. Without those one-time gains, Southwest would have earned $66 million, or 9 cents per share, down from adjusted income of $115 million, or 15 cents per share, a year earlier.

S

Fwiw,

Southwest said Thursday that it earned $152 million in the fourth quarter, up from $131 million a year earlier.
The increase, however, came entirely from gains on fuel-hedging contracts. Without those one-time gains, Southwest would have earned $66 million, or 9 cents per share, down from adjusted income of $115 million, or 15 cents per share, a year earlier.

S

Fair enough, sad sack,...but that lower $66 mil figure also was due to fuel prices being approx 33% higher from last year's fourth quarter...a HUGE negative impact.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back