• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Crew base...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
problem with vegas is the problem with many cities that benefited from the real estate run up, it is too expensive to buy a house compared to other places one could live. So, if a pilot or FA isn't already living in Vegas, they aren't likely to want to move there. But we'll see. I think that Vegas will displace OAK as the new hire base for pilots (although MCO has gotten some of that lately too, same reason, who wants to spend 500,000 for a crappy 3/2 in Orlando?)

I still say LAS will not go junior. Chatauqua girl, you sound like a real peach!

BizAvFA, where do you live??

MDW, BWI and LAS are not cheap to live, the cost for a new home in Vegas is about 320k and the house is small.

For one, I commute now to SLC from Vegas, what I pay for a room at my crash pad is nothing compared to what I pay for my morgage in LAS.

I dont see how you can also compare BWI, MDW to LAS....all have it "perks" of living.

So.....for anyone who works for WN, do you think LAS will be a Junior base?

Thanks!

I love F/A's.

It will be like any other opening. You will have your sorta senior people that will go because it is a shorter commute and then some will go to experience something new and then back fill with all the new people. Then when the dust settles a few more senior people will come...

So...I got my letter to go to the open house for SWA end of this month, is there any advice that anyone can give me so I can get to the one on one?

Be yourself. Make sure you are dressed in business attire, even though SWA is a casual airline. Be pleasant. Smile. Make sure you know something about SWA. Some examples are: founded by Herb Kelleher and Rollin King in 1971, first three cities were DAL, HOU, and SAT, only fly one airplane 737 three versions 300, 500, 700. Stuff like that.... if you need more info, read NUTS or Hard Landing. Oh, yes, be enthusiastic. Make good eye contact. Let the interviewers know SWA is the ONLY place you want to work. Be friendly. Have fun! When I interviewed many years ago, the interview was very simple....they asked me how to spell my last name, what I was currently doing, and what my most embarrassing moment was? Then, they wanted to see how well you mingled with each other. The second interview was more customer service oriented. Again, this was over twelve years ago so the questions--I am positive that it has changed. Just be yourself and let them know how much you really want to work for SWA. I have also heard of them doing the open house and one on one interviews in the same day. Be prepared to stay. GOOD LUCK!

So I did get to the one on one, they had me fill out my application, they did fingerprinting and the DOT drug forms....so is that a good thing?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back