Southwest computer system & smart phones

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATLboeing

I'm an Airtran guy about to cross the partition and also about to get a smart phone. I was told there are a couple that don't work so well with the Southwest crew scheduling website (trip trades and such).

Any advice on which ones work well with it and which ones to stay away from?

Anybody have the T Mobile Lumia?

Thanks!

I'm all Mac brother tran, we have good apps that work well- and with the company going with iPad- I like the symmetry

One VERY smart crewmember developed an app for Apple products that works very well with the SWA programs. Almost everything can be done from within that app. Android users have a little different story. Can view schedules and do some limited things but cannot get past the lack of double click ability on most android browsers. Some folks use programs like logmein to grab from home computers and have some better success working with SWA programs. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Iphone tops the CUSTOMER SATISFACTION list; I am on my 3rd Iphone I got the first one , then the 3G, then waited for the 5. Folks can say what they like about AT&T. I have had AT&T since 1994 when I paid $89.00 a month for a cell phone that only worked in major cities. I have a Iphone, Ipad Mini, Ipad4, Macbook and MAC MINI. Everything works just fine on my APPLE products.

I have the iPhone 4. Works great for CWA. Has paid for itself many times over. I use PCs for everything else. Never been a Mac fan.

and also about to get a smart phone.

Dude don't do it. I got an iphone5 2 months ago after having just a basic cell phone w/ voice mail on the same plan since 1999 - something like 600 minutes/month for 45 bucks (verizon). Now I pay 100 bucks a month for the same minutes plus texting and 2 gig of internet.

The phone sucks. After have just a small flip phone I feel like I'm lugging a brick around in my pocket. Plus when I talk on the phone I feel like I'm holding a shoe up to my face.

The apps/games (I've never been a big video game person) were cool for about 3 days then I got bored of them. The only app that has been even a bit helpful is the flashlight app. Use it for walkarounds and it came in handy this evening trying to locate a 10mm wrench my buddy dropped inside the tail of his J-3 while adjusting the elevator trim. One a side note the iphone5 fits nicely inside the inspection holes of a cub.

Texting is just stupid. Dial the number and talk. All I get are stupid messages and pics from friends. Seriously I don't care what your food looks like that you just ordered at Del Taco or whatever. It's like one step away from being on facebook - something I'll never do.

As for the internet part. Nothing you can't do with a laptop. Before I got this phone a had a $200 notebook I kept in my rollerbag for trips. I thought the iphone would replace it but not really.

If I could do it over again I would just keep the same phone with the plan I had and get an ipad or ipad mini to replace the notebook and maybe get a 2 gig data plan for the ipad or mini to get on the internet if I needed to where there was no free wifi.

Just my 2 cents.

Wow, I thought I was the only Dino who wished they would make a really good flip phone again, not some piece of crap plastic. The only cool thing about smart phone is ability to drive all calendars to all our phones and home COmputer so everyone knows what's what.

Latest resources

Back