Southwest Commute Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mr Hat

Do any of you Southwesterlys commute from Northern Jersey to the Baltimore hub and how tough a commute is it? Just curious if you drive it or just try to fly on other airlines to get down the busy corridor to work. It'll be a while before I'd ever have to do the commute (If I were very lucky) but its early in the morning and I was kinda wondering. I keep hearig about massive Southwest expantion in the coming years and I'd love to be there sometime soon.

I commute to BWI from Princeton, NJ and it's not really too bad. It's about a 2.5 hour drive with no traffic or 3 with traffic (either turnpike or 295). I usually fly am's, so I drive up the night before, and the trips usually return between 1:00-4:00 p.m. Zero stress. Most pms return around 11:00, which gets a little late to drive home, but once in a while you can find trips commutable on both ends. I've flew out of EWR once (car broke down) on CAL express which worked out ok as well. The only problen is that there last BWI-EWR flight is usually around 6:00.

Thanks, I appreciate it. BTW: I am currently at Coex so anytime you need a ride, come see us.

Mr. Hat,

I thought I recognized this handle from CalForums. Congradulations on the SWA job offer. It's good to see more and more COEX guys leaving and moving on to greener pastures. I do sometimes miss the craziness in the 3 hubs and the young crews. See you around BWI

IAHERJ
now ATL 717

Mr. Hat,

Congrats on being in the pool.. I left COEX in April for SWA.. great place to be, you will love it.. I live in Baltimore, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me..

SB

Congrats from me as well. I left coex in Jan '02. With all the allentown rumors maybe you will be able to drive there and commute. Best of luck, hope to see you soon.

Latest resources

Back