• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest CEO remains adamantly opposed to baggage fees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, he ran circles around you and your fellow ALPA clowns (which isn't saying much).

And yes, things would have been vastly different if we followed the advice of a high school educated fat kid living in mom's basement.

Herb never lived in his Mom's basement. Did he?

Well he never would have put up with with this stuff!

Well, he ran circles around you and your fellow ALPA clowns (which isn't saying much).

And yes, things would have been vastly different if we followed the advice of a high school educated fat kid living in mom's basement.

Threatening one's job is not running circles around them.

So he wont increase obvious revenue but instead takes it out on labor.

Mergers, flying International..push for pay cuts.....yep you luv Warriors are in our legacy airline world now! Good Luck.

"We take the costs out of our employee's paychecks and pass the savings along to you, the customers."

Sounds like a legacy to me.

Herb never lived in his Mom's basement. Did he?

Well he never would have put up with with this stuff!

I was referring to Piggy aka, "The AirTran Village Idiot", not Herb or Gary. If you have to ask who I'm talking about then you probably don't need (or care) to know.

Last edited:
I used to think this guy was pretty smart. Not so much anymore. He's just the typical dooshy airline manager who would be kicked out of any significant management position in another industry.

I beg to differ.

He would most definitely NOT be kicked out of any other industry's "significant management position," controlled by a board of directors and stockholders. They (the board) would love to have GK or someone like him. In a little more than a year, he has more than quadrupled the company's stock price, and not only has he always made a yearly profit, even in the leanest years of the recession, but he has recently overseen multiple consecutive quarters with record profits. That's what stockholders and board members care about. They don't generally give a rat's a$$ about alienating customers and employees, as long as you consistently make money. And by God, he does.

Now his employees, on the other hand, may have a different opinion. If you had said that, I might have agreed with you.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back