• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest buys AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. The pilots of Airtran are doing quite well on their own. My money says they will demand DOH, at worst.

The southwest guys will demand staple and the whole thing will fall apart.

I have friends at Airtran and I would hate to see them become Southwest's furlough fodder when the 717s are scrapped.
AAI just renewed the 10 year leases on those airplanes. They aren't going anywhere unless there's some sort of a loop hole I'm not aware of due to control change of stock.

717s stays and first class goes per the press conference.

717s stays and first class goes per the press conference.

Yep, but you can quote me here, Southwest will find a way to lose the 717's. Even Airtran would've loved to trade them for 737s.

The new company will be a bit fat and Airtran guys will get stapled. In the long run it will work out for them, but the next five years will be awful.

Frontier pilots were stupid for saying no. Airtran guys would be stupid for saying yes when I believe Southwest wants this bad enough to buy their guys off on a DOH merger.

I stayed at a HI Express last night....yes, really....I did.

I agree. The pilots of Airtran are doing quite well on their own. My money says they will demand DOH, at worst.

The southwest guys will demand staple and the whole thing will fall apart.

I have friends at Airtran and I would hate to see them become Southwest's furlough fodder when the 717s are scrapped.

No, the two boards already accepted the merger. And, the Bond/McCaskill ammendment does not allow for a staple anymore. That law was brought up by the Missouri Senators who saw the TWA people get the shaft. This merger was already completed and the SWA pilots were not asked by management if it was ok, rather it was already done. Nope, I see an interesting seniority list integration coming, without a staple.

My money is on DAL going into FULL COMPETE mode and using the RJs more...especially to/from ATL.

Latest resources

Back