Southwest announces LGA Routes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And, I am just thankful that we DON'T go to LBB and MAF,

General....Delta at one time did fly to those cities....you guys just couldn't compete....as I recall, Delta flew there from the DFW hub....seems you guys couldn't hang there either.

General- 12,500 plus posts. Good grief, get a hobby. Never mind, I just figured out this is it!

Great comeback, since you FINALLY saw how many posts I have. Bravo. Enjoy Harlingen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General....Delta at one time did fly to those cities....you guys just couldn't compete....as I recall, Delta flew there from the DFW hub....seems you guys couldn't hang there either.

Couldn't compete? How about we wanted to put assets into towns that could produce more revenue from business travellers? That sounds more likely. You are the only carrier to fly there with mainline sized planes, which means the towns aren't that big for legacy carriers to justify it. You have nothing smaller to fly in there anyway, unless SkyWest becomes your regional feed (like some people have rumored). If you still had 737-200s, you would be flying those in there right now. So, enjoy Amarillo.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Delta international loads off more that 15%, more than any other international carrier.

Not good...

For the Spring? You mean during Spring Break? We haven't even hit Summer yet. And, we have already PROACTIVELY cut a lot of future routes this Summer (RDU to CDG for example, along with BDL to AMS) to make sure we don't waste too much money. That is GOOD. You have forgotten to mention some other things though, like all of the good synergies this merger has brought (like merging ground people together and dumping extra gates that cost extra money)---which will save huge money, along with fuel being a lot cheaper this Summer than last. We were stung by the high fuel hedge bug too (just like you guys), but after the 1st quarter of this year---our hedges go way down, meaning a pretty good year overall for 09. Regardless, enjoy Lubbock.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Starting to think Genital is really part of management. Do you have a signed photo of Steenland on your wall? He is so dreamy!

You have forgotten to mention some other things though, like all of the good synergies this merger has brought (like merging ground people together and dumping extra gates that cost extra money)---which will save huge money, along with fuel

"Dumping extra gates" is somehow good?

You know, they're not making any more. Your management is just setting you up to get competed into the ground--during boom times, fast-growing airlines are stymied only by the lack of available gate space, because the legacies keep 'em locked up.

You really are a tool, just like everyone said. You even think giving away gates is somehow "good" for your company.

Latest resources

Back