• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest and their lack of pay raises and stock in their merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True statement. If everybody would stop responding to him or General Lee they would go away. Why not really try and not respond. It will be hard but it can be done.

Why are the Delta pilots so jellous of the Sputhwest pilots. Are the Delta pilots Southwest rejects?

I might want to work at Delta someday but I don't want to take a step backward from my RJ. Working at Delta is starting to look like I would be settling for a job.

Not sure if I want to have a chip on my shoulder the rest of my life.

Rookie nerd. I can guarantee you I've been in and out of ATL way more than you- I've done plenty of short approaches there, and you just sound like a geek thinking ATL is some kind of strange airport that will be difficult to operate in. Two things- ATC is all about moving metal- help them do that, and they'll help you. And 2- few corporations in the world understand people and relationships better than Swa-
We'll be fine. No matter how much you, the competition, wish we won't.

Rookie nerd? AHAHAHAHAHA Yeah, I just started yesterday. Thanks. Your operation will have to change in ATL, no more short approaches, no more fast taxis, no more quick turns. Have fun, and see you there!

Godspeed!

The OYSter

True statement. If everybody would stop responding to him or General Lee they would go away. Why not really try and not respond. It will be hard but it can be done.

It's hard not to respond to a valid debate.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Just did a quick turn and short approach in ATL yesterday, strange, very strange.

Yeah you didn't. Must have been one of the last allnighters you will ever do. Now that is one great thing in your merger with SWA. Congrats on that.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Must have been one of the last allnighters you will ever do. Now that is one great thing in your merger with SWA. Congrats on that.

Some of us consider that to be a downside. There's a group of us that always bid CDOs or night turns. It'll suck when they're gone. Hopefully there will be plenty of day trips available.

Yeah you didn't. Must have been one of the last allnighters you will ever do. Now that is one great thing in your merger with SWA. Congrats on that.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I'm guessing OYS is not familiar with ATL before RWY 28 and the victor loop was built. Those two strips of concrete have really helped. What he doesn't understand is that ATC accomadates airlines that demonstrate the ability to fly the aircraft efficiently (and yes safely). They keep you high on most downwinds accept 27L, so a short approach is at the marker, or slightly inside the marker for 27L. The taxi from 28 to 27L is over a mile, no traffic. Go as fast as you dare, it's like the autobahn. If the ramp is clear, your turn is dependent on your station crew. If it's jammed with RJs, you may lose some time. The ramp is the weakest link, but they do a good job and coordinate with your company ops. It's a big airport, the worlds busiest. In my opinion the controllers there are some of the worlds finest, and move alot of iron. I don't know what you fly OYS but it may be less maneuverable than a 737 or 717 in the air and on the ground. That may be why you think ATL is a challenging airport to fly in and out of.

Latest resources

Back