Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines to Acquire AirTran; Spreading Low Fares Farther 6:55 am - PR Newsw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you feel now that ALPA Airtran is going away?

ALPA has done great things for our pilots, so I'm sad to see ALPA go. But in the end, this merger is the best thing for both pilot groups, and SWAPA has developed a very good relationship with Southwest management that seems to work for them. I'll always believe that an international union is in everyone's best interests, and I hope that someday in the future all pilots in North America will be represented by ALPA. Until that day, I'll wear my SWAPA wings, attend SWAPA meetings, and vote in SWAPA elections. If SWAPA is my union, I'll be a proud SWAPA member.

Flame because it disagrees with you?
No, because everyone else can see that you're WAY off-base here. You know, that whole "everyone's out of step but Johnny" kind of thing (aka you're the only one going off on this tangent and the legal facts just don't support it).

But you go right ahead trying, I'm sure someone new to the boards will bite before too long. ;)

Riiiiiight...how's that "negotiation" for relative seniority coming along?
Negotiations for the SLI haven't started and likely won't start for a couple more months. The SLI is also the last part of the deal, a LOT of other things for merging the two pilot groups to do first, bridge agreement, etc. Do some research; I doubt we'll be working on seniority until after the first of the year.

On 9/11, 4 of us took ATA from ATL-AUA and as I walked off the plane I shook the captain's hand and said good luck with your contract because you guys deserve SWA money. He smiled and said thank you just as the head FA burst out into laughter.

FFWD two weeks and as the wife and I hop in the car to go ATA from ATL-SFO, we hear this on the radio first thing in the AM.

Congrats to all involved as I think the world of ATA, but I'm going to miss Business Class and XM.

On 9/11, 4 of us took ATA from ATL-AUA and as I walked off the plane I shook the captain's hand and said good luck with your contract because you guys deserve SWA money. He smiled and said thank you just as the head FA burst out into laughter.

FFWD two weeks and as the wife and I hop in the car to go ATA from ATL-SFO, we hear this on the radio first thing in the AM.

Congrats to all involved as I think the world of ATA, but I'm going to miss Business Class and XM.

Airtran is NOT ATA. ATA is defunct for 2 1/2 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATA_Airlines

Bring on the arbitrator! He will take one look at the value of the two careers and realize the ONLY thing a SWA guy gets out of this is a seniority bump. This WILL got to arbitration when AT refuses our offer...and I look forward it.

I don't follow PCL, he follows me. ;)

Seriously though, you're so far out in left field with this thing, it's scary, but it's a VERY well-played attempt at flame. If those pesky little things like Federal Law and violations of SEC filings didn't regularly end up with people in jail, people might actually *listen* to you. :)

As it is, I'm not concerned about it. They're going to acquire the airline intact - it's not like they're buying just the gates and landing slots, they're acquiring over 100 aircraft. They need our employees; it's just that simple, and in this job economy, threatening the job security of thousands of workers is a quick way to get the DoJ to step in and nix the whole thing.

Just the way of the world, my friend. But nice try. ;)
How'd that go...."just the way of the world, my friend???" Sweet dreams, Cupcake;)
http://atwonline.com/airline-financ...tran-plans-if-pilot-integration-vote-fails-10

Latest resources

Back