Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines to Acquire AirTran; Spreading Low Fares Farther 6:55 am - PR Newsw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you SWA guys figure out how to find some employees with work-ethic in ATL, could you let the rest of us know? Getting parked is a b*tch. Thanks!

1) I was only stating that DAL is the biggest airline flying out of ATL (a fact that will remain unchanged after the UAL/CAL merger). Nevertheless, I honestly don't care about flying for the "biggest airline in the world." Bragging rights like that do nothing for me.

2) See nothing but orange? You mean "Barney Blue," right? Also, I see more UAL than SWA out of DEN. And I see WAAAAAY more DAL out of SLC than I see SWA. So I highly doubt SWA be pushing Delta around out of ATL (Delta's stronghold). The fact that SWA has had their way with Frontier and US Air doesn't mean anything when you consider the strength of DAL in ATL.

3) Kudos to SWA for making money when everyone else wasn't! That's awesome. My point was that DAL has an extremely competitive cost structure as evidenced by recent earnings. So yes, I think DAL is better at making money... for now. I think that's why SWA is pulling the trigger on this deal. They know they can't continue to compete with their current business model. This is a very bold, and desperate, move for them. They've caught merger fever...just like everyone else.

The intent of my original post was to shut up the retard who thinks SWA can push DAL out of ATL. I know SWA is a strong, well run company. I have many friends there. I'm not saying DAL will smash them. I'm just saying good luck pushing DAL out of ATL. Hell will freeze over before that happens.

I was just reacting to your arrogant Delta attitude of ruling the world. Careful what you say in 'bold' there. Pan Am and Eastern said the same thing. SWA coming to ATL, no matter how you look at it, it's a good thing for Delta at all. I'm sure Delta management will come up with a pep rally saying Delta is 'god' like and protected by higher beings, but I caution you in believing that. Believe me, I'm not saying the new UAL will be all that....in fact, I think it's going to be a disaster that'll take 20 years to fix, but that's just me. You have to remember that ATL is a 'world hub', but only in the sense that it's a world 'connection' hub. Delta won't be able to charge a premium out of ATL anymore. With SWA flying to major destinations in the tropics, to NYC, DCA, MCO and others.....Delta loses the high yield market. Time will tell, just grab the popcorn and pep.

If you SWA guys figure out how to find some employees with work-ethic in ATL, could you let the rest of us know? Getting parked is a b*tch. Thanks!

SWA is in for a rude awakening. The first time they see a 'dance off' at 2am with tugs in a circle with their lights on, they'll realize the need to 'import' some SWA help. ATL is by far....wait, DCA is worse....but ATL has the laziest, most disfunctional and unmotivated ramp force in the country. Anyone top it besides DCA?

Ya know, just reading this, it's hard to believe you call Delta arrogant. At least by even YOUR reasoning DAL will be the second or third biggest airline So at least now that SWA is going to be eating if for lunch as you say, it will be a lot of lunches.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Read Morgan's post and tell me if you see arrogance. My response has to deal with Delta pilot's arrogance no matter where or how I meet them. I swear, they're brought to a puzzle factory and reassembled. Sort of like the "Borg" if you watch Star Trek. The damn place is like the "Collective". Anyhow, I was defending SWA and saying that Delta is in for a rude and huge awakening. I worked under the Delta brand for almost 9 years and I couldn't stand it. I've never seen such arrogance and kool aid drinking mofos in my life. By stating that they can't say they're the biggest and baddest airline around anymore, well, let's just say it puts a smile on my face. Am I saying the new UAL is gonna be awesome....are you kidding? I've never seen such a beat up, demoralized, and old arse airline in my life. This is gonna be a disaster, but I'm along for the ride. Would I like to see Delta go under? Heck no. I have a lot of friends there. But do I want them to be schooled and humbled to the point that their arrogance fades away.....you bet.

Southwest's History is not good with other groups.

Southwest has a poor history with acquisitions. Never taking people, just gates and jets. Maybe this is to protect their most valuable asset, their employee culture. Their corporate culture of "Our way is the only way" did, however, cause them to lose the bid for Frontier. I would be surprised if SW's union started from anywhere but a Staple position. They started with great attitudes but lately I've felt like they are getting a little too arrogant for the AW Schucks were just good ol texas boys they started as. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that their hiring process is less "lets have a beer and get to know each other" that is was and more "why do you think you are good enough to work here". I'm a little sad that I feel that is accurate to say. It amazes me that every group that starts to do well seems to forget that they are not gods gift the the cockpit and in fact are just another pilot like the rest of us. Maybe time will show that I'm wrong. That would be good news. Good luck Airtran guys and gals.

SWA is in for a rude awakening. The first time they see a 'dance off' at 2am with tugs in a circle with their lights on, they'll realize the need to 'import' some SWA help. ATL is by far....wait, DCA is worse....but ATL has the laziest, most disfunctional and unmotivated ramp force in the country. Anyone top it besides DCA?

Hands down KPHL...and you all know it too!!

Well, speaking from the DAL side of things, I know ATL rampers are slow, but I gotta say PHL is absolutely the worst I've ever seen. Their speed (or lack thereof) is rivaled only by snails.

Latest resources

Back