• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines Raises Fares Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW 2Q06 results come out 19 July. 1Q06 profit was $.07/share or $61 million. The avg of the analysts is $.26/share for 2Q06. With the RPM, ASM, yield and LF increases during the quarter the analysts might not be that far off.

Hey Canyonblue, just leave your Swalife password right here on flightinfo...
You can, really...

Oh. They will. No question

In your wet dreams..

About the Ravens Trade......
I'm not going to BWI unless I get a long term deal. Something better then Ben Wallace got. I say Big Ben $$ + 1%.

They can raise fares because they control the domestic pricing market. Other tairlines can't, however, that is going to change by 4th quater this year. SWA will no longer control the market. Then they will start to look at labor costs since that is the only place SWA can cut. Everything else is at bottom basement.

YourPilotFriend said:
They can raise fares because they control the domestic pricing market. Other tairlines can't, however, that is going to change by 4th quater this year. SWA will no longer control the market. Then they will start to look at labor costs since that is the only place SWA can cut. Everything else is at bottom basement.

Just out of curiosity, who will? You forgot to mention that.

Then they will start to look at labor costs since that is the only place SWA can cut. Everything else is at bottom basement.

Go fly that J3 Cub... it amazes me as to what some people post - dumba$$. Some of you folks just can't wait for SWA to play the "screw the employees game" - WE DON'T PLAY that game. Maybe, that is why people like working here so much. They treat us very well. Sorry some of you can't handle that. Let me see............... I see raises in our future, new airplanes and continued PROFITS.

SWA/FO said:
Some of you folks just can't wait for SWA to play the "screw the employees game" - WE DON'T PLAY that game. Maybe, that is why people like working here so much. They treat us very well. Sorry some of you can't handle that. Let me see............... I see raises in our future, new airplanes and continued PROFITS.
I would agree with that statement, but only if you were a privately held company. You see the principle investors here at NWA are the same principle investors at SWA. You know those things called commercial banks. They demand market value rates out of their employee's. For years SWA management has kept them at bay since they have continually performed as one of the best companies there probably has ever been period. However, with all the bankrupt airlines restructuring costs to that of SWA with fuel hedges the dynamics are changing. When the banks come in and say get market rate out of the pilots, if management says no way, they say find a new job. Then they will replace your management with someone who will, perhaps Neil Cohen, the absolutely love him. Funny I think pilots are really in this situation not because of poor unity, but because they are just poor businessmen.

?????

How can you campare SWA to NWA at this time and tell us we're next????? No one and I repeat no one is going to send our CEO anywhere. The so called banks you're talking about, are looking for results. In 06, SWA has done just that. By not following and old legacy type model, SWA has increased 06 revenue by 18.3%(Fri, June 30, USA today). That's 3.3% above the goal. Please for the love of god tell me why they want us to take a pay cut????
Everyone always discusess the hedges and would SWA be making money without them? Yes, prob not as much. Guess what though, They're there and all the speculation in the world will not make them go away. The reason.......great management! We're very lucky to have that. We're treated well and as a group we get along with the company very well.
Why is it everyone is waiting for something bad to happen to SWA?
You really want SWA to mess up and see us take pay cuts too? Tell me what market average would be then. I really hope things turn around for everyone, because this sucks hearing what's going on in the airline world. I can't understand why people are wishing doom and gloom on others. People really need to relax just a bit.

YourPilotFriend said:
You see the principle investors here at NWA are the same principle investors at SWA. You know those things called commercial banks. They demand market value rates out of their employee's.

Institutional investors don't give a flying flip what a company pays its employees. The only thing they care about is share price appreciation. They don't care how the share price goes up, only that it does. I've never heard a money manager at a single investing institution say that he even bothers looking at employee unit costs. Some institutional investors look at employee/sales ratios to measure efficiency, but that doesn't apply to airline stocks, and it has nothing to do with employee wages.

I'm sure the SWA pilots will be just fine as long as the current management group at SWA stays around or is replaced by like-minded managers. I can't say the same for you fools at NWA who voted away your income and work rules for a pension that is doomed for failure anyway. :rolleyes:

I second dasho,

Pilots are leaving Jet Blue to go be check airman at Virgin for 95K. Are you SWA bashers going to fly your jets for less?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back