Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

corky

Southwest Airlines orders 15 more 737s
Southwest Airlines today confirmed an order for 15 additional 737-700 airplanes, increasing the carrier’s firm orders for the model to 261. Boeing had carried the order on its Web site as an unidentified customer since booking it during the second quarter. Southwest, the launch customer for the 737-700, has taken delivery of 132 of the airplanes between 1997 and June 2003. “Southwest Airlines’ customer service success continues,” said Alan Mulally, president and chief executive officer of Boeing Commercial Airplanes. “We’re honored that Southwest continues to choose the 737 and Boeing for their business partner."

Many of us in the pool had been wondering who the mysterious customer was on the Boeing web page.

Go SWA!!!!

:D

So.... how do the 15 new orders for 2004 factor into the 42 already announced??? Are the 15 included? From the 2 quarter report is sounded like the additional deliveries came from exercised options in 2004 and acclerated deliveries from 05. Can anyone hammer this down for me please?

I believe what they are talking about is as follows:
the 15 new "orders" are the result of 15 exercised options (9- 2004 options to firm "orders" and 6- 2005 options to firm "orders" ( but accelerated to 2004 deliveries). There are also 2-2005 firm "orders" accelerated to 2004 delivery dates as well.
I believe the 15 new orders are just those 15 exercised options (which is still good news, especially since they are accelerated deliveries). I think the 8 new firm deliveries that Gary Kelly spoke of in the webcast was the 6+2 - 2005 now "firms" that have been accelerated to 2004. As such, yes, I think they are included in the 42 (net 25) aircraft for 2004. I have to go get a drink now...

Fuzzy Stuff

Hey Ya'll,

I was a soccer major in college, so unless you talk about the World Cup, I get lost quickly.

How do the people at LUV guestimate future demand at a certain city? Do they take polls? Do they go by historical data? Do they go by empirical data of the population and businesses of that city?

It just sesms like a big decision for someone to make when every dollar counts now.

Take care,

CB

Top Secret

Skyrunner,
when I went to big D I asked those in the know that exact question. My question was deftly avoided, although DOT statistics were mentioed as being part of the equation.

sw financials

as reported in the financial times newspaper or go to www.ft.com/transport,

Gary kelley, SW CFo said the company will expand and acquire up to 92 aircraft betweeb 2004 and 2006.

Currently, it has exercised 6 options and brought forward 2 more deliveries from 04-05 the article said

Latest resources

Back