• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest airlines leveraged buyout issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. Just trying to pass on what some of us at nwa have seen happen over the last 20yrs. Going from a cash rich posistion to what we are today. The last few years have drained alot of the optomism:( As a vocal minority no voter:angryfire , I have thought we should maybe change our nickname from Cobraairlines to something a little more tame such as Gardensnakeair:D

Hey man. Thanks for the pep talk....... I think. LOL. Let's that little sliver of doubt come raging in.

BTW. Love the Cobra nickname (and your "handle") you guys have. Although after this last round I might have to come up with something slightly less antagonistic.

Gup

Main Entry:

Leveraged Buyout:
n
Definition: the purchase of a controlling interest in a company by its management but using outside capital

Hostile Takeover:
nDefinition: An acquisition of a firm despite resistance by the target firm's management and board of directors.

It would help if ya'll could use the right terminology....

Last edited:
In an LBO situation, SW would be disassembled and sold off. Since it has no debt and a poor earnings vs revenue stream(it's an airline), the assets are more valuable than the company itself. Management is valuing the company at $20+ billion, but the major wall street players say $7-10 billion based on performance. It won;t be hard to get a loan for $7 billion when you have at least $14 billion in assets and growing.

SWA is worth more as a whole than in parts. That's the very simple reason there'll be no Hostile Takeover. And that, my friends, is why Gary Kelly is NOT worried about a takeover bid.

What effect would a reverse stock split have on share price and market cap? I've never experienced one. Is it even possible? If it is, would that help decrease the attraction corporate raiders might have to SWA?

The rumor I keep hearing is that there will be a significant increase in debt...one way or another.

What effect would a reverse stock split have on share price and market cap? I've never experienced one. Is it even possible? If it is, would that help decrease the attraction corporate raiders might have to SWA?

The rumor I keep hearing is that there will be a significant increase in debt...one way or another.

There are no corporate raiders interested in SWA.

We're building an oil refinery optimized to produce Jet A.

Canyon Blue Petroleum, Inc.

Hedges are so last year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back